Most Interesting and/or Embarassing Deaths?

tl:dr Pretty much just the title.

I'd like to think that Exanima is a game that's good at what it does, providing you all the means with which to survive in the dungeon, and go on an awesome journey into the depths of a dark, dank, smelly dungeon. You can encase your fragile, baby-faced boyos/girlos in strong armor to guard against blades and other unpleasant things, wield a variety of different weapons to face the horrors in the dark, potent magic with which to bewitch and bedevil your enemies, and, well, a whole lot of other stuff asides. Yes, some of the enemies and settings can be quite...challenging, but, ultimately still play by the same rules as the player, and can be defeated through various means, whether honest or dishonest.

That all said, Exanima also allows you plenty of rope with which to hang yourself in a number of different ways, ranging from epic to somewhat humiliating. Because no amount of armor, no form of weapon, no degree of magic can guard against...our own stupidity and overconfidence, . This game will not pull any punches if you falter, and, well, it's got a hell of a left hook. Great heroes can slay multitudes of undead monstrosities and demonic monsters, only to be beaten to death with an iron bar in a dark, cold bathroom. An errant misstep in a bad situation can lead to an axe/sword/mace/etc dramatically reconstructing your face. Sometimes these deaths can be quite funny, sometimes these deaths can make you cry, all are learning experiences, allowing to go on and find even more horrific, brutal, and humiliating ways to die epic adventure!

So, what are some of your most interesting/notable/??? deaths you've experienced in Exanima?

On my first playthrough on probably level 2 I walked into a room that had extremely poor fighting ground. I walked in and was surprised by an undead. I ran to try and gain distance from the enemy and tripped on a piece of debris and fell into a spot that had a few boards scattered around, making it difficult to get back up. Derrin tries to run in and help but his body pushes the door closed, trapping me inside. The undead whacked me with a piece of wood while I lay on my face until I was unconscious. I'd wake up and have it happen again over and over until it killed me.

It was frustrating when it happened but a hilarious sequence of events looking back.

When I first fight golem president he makes me fly with his hammer and I fell into the box in the corner, get bugged and killed, was really funny to see. :D

Ganthor

I'm constantly wasting max level characters trying to do the bridge puzzle in the Marketplace lol. Once I've cleared out the Market (which is always the last level I do), I figure it's time I try the puzzle for the level and then I almost always die because my character doesn't know how to balance on the slanted roof you have to cross. I should probably try taking my plate armor off first, I'm pretty sure that's what keeps killing my level 15 characters lol

MrMadMask

During one of my first somewhat succesful playthroughs, after quite a lot of struggling, I finally reached level 4. Unknowing of the small brass gate that lets you access the rest of the level, I found my way through a more visible road, leading to a gate, leading directly to level 6...
Beyond the loading screen, awaited two suits of armor near a heavy gate, and a mark on the ground that, at the time, I failed to grasp. Watching the towering suits, I thought to myself: "These guys definitely look like they're ready to start moving to beat the shit out of me", but after some time looking around they didn't seem to act, so I approached the heavy gate to open it.
The rest is history.
Running was of no use.

During one of my first somewhat succesful playthroughs, after quite a lot of struggling, I finally reached level 4. Unknowing of the small brass gate that lets you access the rest of the level, I found my way through a more visible road, leading to a gate, leading directly to level 6...
Beyond the loading screen, awaited two suits of armor near a heavy gate, and a mark on the ground that, at the time, I failed to grasp. Watching the towering suits, I thought to myself: "These guys definitely look like they're ready to start moving to beat the shit out of me", but after some time looking around they didn't seem to act, so I approached the heavy gate to open it.
The rest is history.
Running was of no use.
even if it doesn't bleed we can kill it.362490_screenshots_20210207135820_1.jpg

Never let Derrin posses pole weapons
Once i was peacefully exploring 1st level, and thought that it would be a great idea to lend 2-handed sword to my fellow. The result was awfully funny as at the exact next hostile encounter i awkwardly merge to dodge oponent's blow and right after it Derrin swings his weapon right into my nape instantly reducing my health to zero. Good thing first level has 2 checkpoints, so i was not so frustrated but had a laugh.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.