Recent content by martino

1. martino

Item Durability and Repair

If you can repair anywhere you want or conjure food /water on demand it defeat the purpose of the mechanics. It also means as you level up the game becomes easier, less risky.
  2. martino

(In Minecraft) Last night I got bunted into some lave at the end of and ore gathering expiditation, I was so over joyed when I say that my enchanted pickaxe had survived. I lost over 90% of the resources I had gathered but I didn't care my pick axe had survived. I Disagree with you that weapons...
  3. martino

I agree most mundane tasks are not interesting and should take no more than a mouse click to complete. However things get interesting when you can not. Without rest, food, fluids what is usually considered an easy mark all of sudden become a threat to evaluate. As the durability on your...
  4. martino

Ecosystem

What you have asked for is on their feature wish list http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/random-events.263/#post-4764 I just depends on where it has ended up in the priority list. I get the feeling that the AI programming around dynamic quests is proving a bit more...
  5. martino

Quests!

My understanding is that Baremettle want to make said quest more meaning full. EG, Blacksmith asks for 10 iron ingots. 1) you can steal them from the local Iron mine, however he will identify the irons source and know that the mine has been robbed. Lowering your standing in the community. 2) you...
  6. martino

A Public Video

But according to the law 'A Watched Kettle Never Boils' (which is much older law by the way). The videos will not be release until everyone stops looking for it. My recommendation everyone stop following the product for a day :P
  7. martino

Jumping, and the like

I can see it now, Ogre combat tactic: 1) Swing Flail 2) If puny human attempts dive/ roll out of the way stomp on their head. 3) Repeat above steps until human dead
  8. martino

Astronaut avatars?!

Mean while in Sui Generis
  9. martino

Principles of running

Reading what is there currently WA or WD would be 2 movements one forward and one to the side. Madoc mentioned that he wants to keep the control as simple as possible. The question I have is, how do you execute special move (which I believe are planed) 1) Key combos. eg: D,W+click,S = side...
  10. martino

Principles of running

I think a lot of people were thinking that the WASD movements were in relation to the screen not the mob. I think there will be a small learning cure as people get use to hitting W to advance on the mob when their character is located above it. I can also see people deliberately positing there...
  11. martino

Principles of running

Correct soldier rotated from the front of their group to the back, It depended on how trained (and they type of training the soldiers had). Formation fighting was also very important an a soldier could just focus on the area directly in front of him and not have to worry about his flanks...
  12. martino

Principles of running

If you want to see some modded day sword fighting check out Kendo (on Youtube). Matches go till there is a result which is usually around 5 minutes but it can go for over 1/2 an hour. Matches between High School / College student tend to be of a higher energy where as Adult matches tend to be...
  13. martino

Random Events

I don't know magic could have some devistating effects on the enviroment as well. Especally that guy who wanders around leveling up his Mustard Gas spell at every opportunity. <as an aside>I recall in earliver verson of D&D the way to get around the Death spell was to have a barrel of live...
  14. martino

Piercing vs Skeleton and Skeleton in general

Well while your trying to get close enough to gut me with your dagger, I will stab at you, hit you with the shaft, run back a couple of steps and try again. There is a lot to be said about getting the first shot in. Even a blunt pitch fork is more dangerous weapon. Now once you get into a...
  15. martino

Random Events

I guess you could look at the mechanics used in Mount & Blade. Castles, Towns control spawn points (villages), As different factions gain control of different areas those areas could spawn more of that creature. Naturally you would need to expand on the mechanics. EG If there were to man wolves...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.