Recent content by NoSoAna

1. N

Holy?

Possible, depending on what the developers want. However, as this is not an exact replication of anything, they can put in or leave out anything they want. Which may mean (hopefully), that churches, god-related lore and witch-burning is too much effort for the bit of additional deepness. Or...
  2. N

Holy?

Damn, I missed the most fun quest in skyrim - I reloaded after waking up in another city. Unfortunately, the grand list has no entry for "god", "religion", "priest" or "cleric" so it seems it is either not part of their vision at all, or so central they want to avoid talking about it before...
  3. N

Holy?

It is very hard for me to answer the "if it does not exist but some choose to worship, then the world is still effected." line. The developers seem to have a strong idea about their backstory, and are not forthcoming with details on it. So it may be possible that religion is integral part of...
  4. N

Holy?

Your OP reads very much as if you want the D&D style cleric. At least this is how I read the following sentences: The rest of your text (lore, etc.) fells like fleshing out the post. This mechanic god is the form of gods I absolutley abhor. I would not mind a few books and lore. Or the...
  5. N

Holy?

I hope not. Frankly, I find it irritating that divine intervention is treated more or less the same as magic. As the definition of a god is (s)he has it's own will, is outside the world and is powerful/can influence. The will is never portrayed. If gods are added, they should be erratic and...
  6. N

Character Replacements

I think you missed my point. The point is: If random encounters start to kill NPCs, then sooner or later important NPCs will be missing. No matter if slaughtered all at once or one by one. There would be ways to prevent this, the most obvious being that permadeaths only happening if the player...
  7. N

Character Replacements

I have been wondering about permadeath too... The devs said something along the lines of people have their own routine, they are doing what they do. Now a bunch of robbers would be waiting in the woods for a passerby, or possibly invade some village (if they feel strong enough) and go on the...
  8. N

Forum Feedback

Not if I did turn it off in the preferences... :oops: Oops...
  9. N

Forum Feedback

Is there a list of all smilies which are available? I tried to get a smilie with horns, without success.
  10. N

Random Events

Not sure if I would call it random... The NPCs are persistant. Deer would also be persistant, but respawn. Taking the idea of Tony a step farther: So there is the deer, doing deer things and if the player stumbles across the path he can go hunting. Now if a robber runs around, he would be on...
  11. N

Your Favorite RPG(s)?

Fallout 1+2, Morrowind somehow I had this year more fun with a Morrowind replay than with Skyrim, and with a fallout 2 rerun than with new Vegas (putting away the weapon is such a hassle with new vegas. That is how you know it is a shooter - where it is normal to go into a store pointing a gun...
  12. N

Access to high end gear

I dream of an rpg where everything is random and procedurally generared. Say there is a starter quest where you need to get three people to agree to something. In one game the questgiver is called john in the next mike. In one game the ppl are north but for someone else they are southwest. The...
  13. N

Access to high end gear

Ther are some restrictions which make sense, like limiting a twohanded sword (extralarge) to characters with high strength. However, like the OP, I really hate the arbitrary restrictions some games are s fond of: "Only class X of Level Y+ with Stat being greater than Z" where every value feels...
  14. N

Forum Feedback

This is the first forum where the default is set to "send email notification" for basically anything which can happen, including additional posts to any thread where I posted. I guess most notifications will not get through, as email-servers will start to treat anything coming from here as...
  15. N

Limited followers

I agree that this is a possible way to get dynamic and varied responses from followers (or NPCs in general). However, it basically confirms the statement I made above: It is a lot of work for the developeres to find all possible situations, write text which matches the situations, and implement...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.