Recent content by speculum

1. S

Three ribbon door!

Is there anyway to kill the solitary super golem? Does the lightning mace help? I have been staring at it for awhile now because I'm not sure if it would just keep on bashing me with a hammer after recovering from KO's until I die.
  2. S

Is there any lvl 5 checkpoint?

Thank god. I thought I was some hot shit right up until I got past the portal, but that troll was a huge road block that basically made me stop playing. As long as there's some alternate route you can take to make a fight easier in the future like that, I'm happy.
  3. S

observations from demo: areas that could be improved.

Funnily enough I didn't have a problem with the very first door, but I couldn't figure out that the double doors for the floor needed to be double clicked as opposed to opened regularly, so I assumed they were just a static prop lining the wall (even if they were suspiciously placed at the end...
  4. S

Exanima 0.5.1 Released

I like the low health warning, but the super bright red surrounding the entire screen is a bit much. It might look cooler if it were a duller shade, it covered a bit less of the screen (or maybe coverage could be a function of just how close to death you are) and was accompanied by some other...
  5. S

Map Randomization

There are many games that have both random maps and designed ones which, as SlaughterSun mentioned, is a good way to allow devs to have tight control over the story they tell while simultaneously making it much more replayable. I don't think maps have to be exclusively one or the other and I...
  6. S

Exanima gaining traction!

On the topic of press commentary... http://crateandcrowbar.com/?powerpress_pinw=799-podcast Go to around the 34 minute mark, the guy who wrote the article gives some context to what he was trying to say. I think it's a bit more nuanced than he is being given credit for. Content is generally...
  7. S

Exanima Released

Looks like a lot of progress has been made since 2012, and all the concepts and tech ideas that the devs only had in their minds back then are now starting to tangibly come together and stand up on their own as a playable experience. This is really exciting guys, thanks.
  8. S

Bare Mettle: what's useful to discuss?

Ivk, I get what you're saying about the lack of content to discuss being a bit frustrating, but just because there's nothing new to talk about doesn't mean that the members of the community have stopped paying attention. There are tons of lurkers like me who'll probably start crawling out of the...
  9. S

New Environment Artist

The ruin looks awesome, can definitely see it in an abandoned castle or something like that, especially with the lighting effects.
  10. S

Banished: a city building strategy game

Nice atmosphere from the soundtrack and the village people just walking around. I can definitely see a Lost Colony of Roanoke kind of situation here where your settlement's inhabitants start eating eachother if you don't pack enough for the winter.
  11. S

Second Kickstarter

Another reason not to have one is that KS demands a 5% cut while pure donations through the page on this site only have to have 2.9% cut (for Paypal). That's a pretty big deal when you're talking six figures. (By the way, hi!)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.