Exploit or valid technique?

piotras

Hi.

First of all - the game is amazing. Can't wait for more updates to Examina and the actual Sui Generis!

On topic - people seem to go for hours about how complex the combat is. I've just beaten the advanced arena but I will consider myself a rather poor player still (I've picked the game up like 2-3 hours ago, still run into walls and trip over things like a headless chicken!).

For the first two hours I've played the arena and I've barely made it through the few first characters. Then I've picked up a two-handed sword (tried a shield before, but for last fight picked up the pole-axe) and did the following:

- get out of range of attacker
- hold attack button for a right-to-left swing (miss on purpose)
- dash to the front when the second, left-to-right swing takes place
- rinse and repeat

Sometimes I didn't even have to move to the front - the attacker just runs into my swing. With this method, you don't have to move at all during the three fights at the expert level. Looks like the AI gets silly when it sees your first swing and then just runs into your second one.

Later on it was tougher but after I got the swing of it and was just holding the attack button permanently and dashed to the back when the first swing was taking place and then dashing to the front in time for the second one to get the hit.

I guess this should be considered an exploit and hopefully the AI will protects itself better in the future?

Anyway, let me know what are your thoughts on this. I will try the arena again with a different weapon to see how it compares, but for know I'll look at that campaign :)

RobG

Insider
Pretty sure Madoc has said AI is in a broken state in the current version and particularly in arena enemies are not defending themselves properly. I think the technique you describe is perfectly valid just the AI isnt quite up to speed at present.

Madoc

Project Lead
"Remised" attacks (2nd attack in 2 hit combo) are currently completely misunderstood by AI, they don't avoid them. It was broken with some recent changes and has been fixed now, the fix will be in a patch within the next couple of days. The AI will properly dodge and parry these attacks. Being able to beat NPCs is not intended. I'm joking. Sort of.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.