Are you actually excited about magic in Sui Generis?

I noticed in the videos that in Sui Generis the player will have magic (I guess that's what the blue bar is for in Exanima). So I just wanna ask... Is anyone really excited about that? I think we all got this game because of how REAL the brutality feels. No one is really asking about the "spells" or even mentioning it. Personally I think they should just dump it. Keep the game feeling real with hints of fantasy (the enemies) and force us to developer our fighting strategy as if hell is on earth and we are petty humans that think we can conquer them with our blades.
edit: When I do get a weapon I never used before it's actually a burden since I have to learn to master it because of it's new physical properties. To me, this is very rewarding because I still have to learn the game and raise my own skill set while at the asme time I get a more powerful weapon or technique. The question is... to add an ability like magic, will it feel like I'm being rewarded an easier game because I've proven that I'm advanced in it?
Again, these are all assumptions. I don't know how the magic is going to work exactly and what it's place is within the game. Just something to discuss. I just really love how HUMAN I feel in this very strange and magical world. It's brings to me a great sense that I'm truly a mortal.

ratpizza

It won't be your generic fireball-throwing magic. Magic in Sui and Exanima is called Thaumathurgy and will be divided into six domains: force, energy, light, displacement, body and mind. Virtually none of these are directly offensive and you must be creative and tactical in order to use it effectively. Also gaining thaumathurgic power involves killing (or at least vitnessing their death) other thaumthurges and absorbing their power so it will be tough and time-consuming to become powerfull. So yes, I am excited about magic in Sui and I'm not worried that it will make the game to easy.

Personally I am, though only if the devs manage to deliver what they want/promised. The way they explained magic won't even attempt to be "balanced" but will be general enough to allow you to achieve your goals with inventiveness and imagination.

Also, IIRC making a magical build will be much harder than it currently is in Exanima so it'll probably still require you to put in a lot of effort.

I noticed in the videos that in Sui Generis the player will have magic (I guess that's what the blue bar is for in Exanima). So I just wanna ask... Is anyone really excited about that? I think we all got this game because of how REAL the brutality feels. No one is really asking about the "spells" or even mentioning it. Personally I think they should just dump it. Keep the game feeling real with hints of fantasy (the enemies) and force us to developer our fighting strategy as if hell is on earth and we are petty humans that think we can conquer them with our blades.
edit: When I do get a weapon I never used before it's actually a burden since I have to learn to master it because of it's new physical properties. To me, this is very rewarding because I still have to learn the game and raise my own skill set while at the asme time I get a more powerful weapon or technique. The question is... to add an ability like magic, will it feel like I'm being rewarded an easier game because I've proven that I'm advanced in it?
Again, these are all assumptions. I don't know how the magic is going to work exactly and what it's place is within the game. Just something to discuss. I just really love how HUMAN I feel in this very strange and magical world. It's brings to me a great sense that I'm truly a mortal.
That's somewhat natural opinion after devs' own words "low fantasy game". But i myself want to advice you to go through game lore. Personaly i had same opinion for first few hours in-game, then i soon came to conclusion that Thaumaturgy is one of the few grim misterious things that add the sweetest notes to games' final image.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.