Search results

1. Blackbeard

Modeling fighting stances in medieval swordsmanship

@blobface, your reasoning is correct and here comes the hardest part for me -- to show you that I am saying the exact same thing. Nothing opposite to what you are saying. Therefore, it was interesting for me to answer to almost every sentence :) And that's how I see SG too. Therefore, I draw...
  2. Blackbeard

I made a quick check about steering (example I wrote above) and found some interesting terms like: steering ratio, understeer and oversteer, and speed-sensitive power steering. Here is the definition of the latter and imagine it's not about steering but about combat maneuvers (namely keyboard...
  3. Blackbeard

@blobface you missed the point... 1) that's the reason why I wrote so much here -- because I prefer how Sui Generis looks like over pre-animated games -- I agree with that! 2) and I am sure there are "workarounds"... However, I pinpointed one aspect that might be corrected (or modeled...
  4. Blackbeard

Oh well... I speak about one thing and you (and majority of people here) speak about the other. At least we had interesting discussion about it. Thank you. Conclusion is that user input with keyboard and mouse buttons is binary --- pressed (1) or released (0). One could directly convert that...
  5. Blackbeard

Here is the idea from above, presented as diagram:
  6. Blackbeard

@calithlin thank you for reply and support. You understood it like I conceived it -- yes, it would resemble some node based AI. Thank you @Madoc for clarifications and guidelines about footwork. Therefore, allow me to suggest more feasible solution. The approach is changed, but the concept stays...
  7. Blackbeard

Oh, it's so nice from you to formulate it in such a polite way. Thank you. I only try to help... Your reply implies that I am suggesting something that is complicated, time consuming, that will ruin responsiveness and that I mock already good footwork. After everything I wrote before to...
  8. Blackbeard

@Madoc thank you for your reply. A friend of mine from MIT informs me from time to time about programming robots, which is done there, so I am familiar with procedural programming. In context of leg movement, mathematical formulas and algorithms are used in real-time with no a priori motion...
  9. Blackbeard

According to what I wrote above two simple solutions would be to: Prevent character from being on the wrong foot while attacking Prevent character from taking multiple steps while attacking/ swinging weapon These two rules should go on top of existing rules/ combat system i.e. to override...
  10. Blackbeard

Thank you all for warm welcome and your replies :) To be honest, I expected fair arguments like these (all true): I'm new here and I'm not familiar with animator's job developers and insiders had already covered these topics (and discussed these issues) before I showed up here there are...
  11. Blackbeard

I logged in for the first time to this forum because I believe that Sui Generis has great potential to make new standards in RPG genre and I would like to contribute with my knowledge, suggestions and resources. My modest personal opinion comes from years of playing games, programming sandbox...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.