Bevvie Rage, a drunken physics based fighter.

ShaunRemo

Insider
nice game, can we expect a full version of this? and maybe a pvp mode:rolleyes:?
I aiming to release it on tablets and phones later in the year if I can get the physics to work properly (currently appallingly slow) and PvP is something I'd love to do I just need to figure out if it is possible.

Pilluminati

Insider
Lol, that felt like playing sumotori dreams :p
I aiming to release it on tablets and phones later in the year if I can get the physics to work properly (currently appallingly slow) and PvP is something I'd love to do I just need to figure out if it is possible.
I recommend using Node.js as a WebSocket server (currently the only viable HTML5 option until WebRTC is available more widely) https://github.com/einaros/ws <- recommended WebSocket module.
WebSockets are a tiny wrapper over TCP packets which are (or at least were) regarded bad for realtime multiplayer games but I've tried it hosting a little demo with physics on a VPS and it worked fine.
A big advantage with Node.js is being able to code in Javascript, so porting over the game logic should be easier than moving to another language.

ShaunRemo

Insider
Lol, that felt like playing sumotori dreams :p

I recommend using Node.js as a WebSocket server (currently the only viable HTML5 option until WebRTC is available more widely) https://github.com/einaros/ws <- recommended WebSocket module.
WebSockets are a tiny wrapper over TCP packets which are (or at least were) regarded bad for realtime multiplayer games but I've tried it hosting a little demo with physics on a VPS and it worked fine.
A big advantage with Node.js is being able to code in Javascript, so porting over the game logic should be easier than moving to another language.
I'm using Construct 2 to build the game and it currently exports to node.js, Multiplayer is doable iI just need to devote some time to get it working correctly hopefully down the track, thank you for your research as well I will have a look into my options and I'm glad to know the physics won't be a problem.

Pilluminati

Insider
I'm using Construct 2 to build the game and it currently exports to node.js, Multiplayer is doable iI just need to devote some time to get it working correctly hopefully down the track, thank you for your research as well I will have a look into my options and I'm glad to know the physics won't be a problem.
Sweet, though I would say it all depends on how well the netcode is optimized whether it'll work (consider sending messages in binary with Typed arrays on the client & Buffer in node.js). Regarding the physics, if you have the possibility consider swapping the current physics engine to this https://github.com/turbulenz/turbulenz_engine/blob/master/tslib/physics2ddevice.ts. It's optimized and written specifically for Javascript and can be used independently, same with pretty much every other part of the engine.
Good luck with your game!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.