Coffee Diary 6/2/23

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

The test has been live for a week now and we've had a lot of detailed feedback and reports. We've since mostly been focusing on improving the AI's awareness and ability to traverse difficult or dangerous ground as well as avoid putting themselves in bad situations where they might fall somewhere they don't really want to be. We've had a lot of useful insights from players attempting all sorts of things and got some very nice results. We've also made some further improvements to player movement to solve some rare cases where you might find yourself stopping or hesitating with potentially dangerous results.

We've been fixing a lot of things, we already updated the test build once and will update it again soon. At this point most remaining issues are left over from previous versions or a result of not quite complete features. We'll be working through these too, but things are looking good overall. As with any changes on this scale we'll be tweaking and adjusting things over time, getting a head start on testing like this seems like a very good thing.

We've got a lot lined up already for another update to the test branch, but we're working on finishing up a few more fixes and improvements so further testing can be more meaningful and we get more known issues out of the way.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Very exciting stuff. Always good to get the systems working in a dynamic and automatic way. Will really make designing Sui Generis a breeze, which I assume is your guys' goal with all of this.

I wonder when we'll get any sort of update on a multiplayer beta. I think its been almost 2 years since the last mention of multiplayer, and it is an update I'm immensely looking forward to. Is multiplayer going to be included in Exanima is or is it something more planned for Sui Generis? I'd at least like to be able to play arena mode with friends, would be fun to tackle 2v2s or 3v3s with my whole team being friends playing online, rather than friendly AI I cant control. Would even be fun to have friends play as rival companies and fight each other for tournament rewards and such. Adventuring through the dungeon would also be pretty amazing with a friend. Fighting monsters together, saving each other from bad situations, solving puzzles together. I can't wait to hear more about the plans for multiplayer. Keep up the good work, devs!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.