Holy?

What about doing it the other way round: Letting one of the goods chose you, as you gain a noticable influence in the history of the world by advancing in the game from a normal citizen towards a "hero" dependent on your behaviour and choices.

Let there be a small amount of Gods (about 3) with positive and negative but oppositional attitudes, for example a nature related God, a chaos related God and one humanity related God. As your influence on the history and futuer events of the game world increases the Gods may become aware of your character and possibly one of them likes your actions and may send you some minor, disguised help, like a small boost of luck at the right time, finding some rare herbs just when you need them most and so on.

This may be done by the game in the bakcground so the player won't notice it, until perhaps he will find it out on his own while playing or by some subtle hints from NPS. So the game will get additional depth by adding religion that the player does not know from the beginning and which can be dicovered slowly. So, realizing at a later point in the game, that you have gotten that important for the future of the world, that even Gods that normaly do not interfere with the wold notice your actions may be an interesting experience and a motivation to continue your actions even if they do look too dangerous or not very promising from your point of view.

Prasse

Insider
On a side note, D&D is a horribly outdated PnP and should not be used for measure :).

It's one of the poorest fleshed out pnps i've ever played.

Just saying :D

Prasse

Insider
Berundo-kun i like the idéa of letting the gods choose you. But i don't think it fits the "your not the chosen one" aspect of SG.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Berundo-kun i like the idéa of letting the gods choose you. But i don't think it fits the "your not the chosen one" aspect of SG.
In Sui Generis, you are the chosen one. That's why you can resurrect after death.
If that's what you meant. :)

Prasse

Insider
Oh, sorry, my bad then =). I just remembered that you start of as no one to discover a higher purpose... Umm right? Hmm thanks for pointing that out, well then i fully go by the Choosen by the gods thing :D

I agree with you, Prasse, that in the beginning of the game you are not special, and there is really no reason why the Gods will get aware of you.

But I also think that your character may gain in importace for the game-world depending on the decicions and actions you choose. Because, if all your actions remain unimportant, than why should I play the game? It does what it wants even if I am there or not ...
I think even if you start as an unimportant citizen or farmer, your character will certainly become more important towards the end of the game, otherwise you have made the wrong decicions. I got the impression that things in the game will happen on their own but due to your actions you may alter the outcome of very large events, which then, makes your character important. Perhaps not for other people in the game, because they might not be aware that your actions have had influenced the development, but a God, who knows everything what is going on in the world, would be aware of it.

Possibly this God is the only one that can link your actions to the actual change or development in the history of the game-word and thus be the only one that can "reward" you for moving the world a little bit more in the direction he likes to see it.

So, these are just ideas, because I don't know how the role of the character and its posibilities to influce the history will be modeled by the developpers.

Parco

NoSoAna said:
If gods are added, they should be erratic and vengeful. They should throw a lighting bolt when they want and where they want, instead of healing someone for xHP whenever a prayer "Heal light wounds" is cast.​

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.