Irregularities

Natharias

1. Polehammer. The first guy in the expert arena with it can swing it somewhat faster than the player character can. There are times he can get an overhand strike long before I can do any side swings and I can never pull them off. I can do them with most other two-handed weapons, but not the polehammer.

2. Despite the speed the polehammers have with NPCs, I can't for the life of me get past the mace/shield in the expert arena. I've died over twenty times to him, and yes, with the best armor you can get in the arenas since it saves over. I'd push through with a 2h sword, get the gear, then try him with the polehammer. I get "rekt" each and every time. I can beat him with a naked character and with any weapon combination (one-hander both with and without shield and two-handed sword, voulge, bardiche, and so on).

3. NPCs are stupid. There are a few jail cells that have doors that open away from the cell. I'm able to regularly trap myself in a cell and slowly "picket" enemies to death by crouching and swinging at their legs that somehow force themselves past the bars enough to where they can get hit. None of them try to run away or open the doors.

4. My game crashed as I was fighting a zombie in the campaign. When I loaded back up the zombie stared at me, turned, and walked away. Enemy agro seems to reset when the game resets.

ShaolinG

1. There will be some skill system implemented soon, maybe enemies in arena are more skilled?
3. Fun fact about zombies - they are stupid) they don't defend themselves and can't open doors. Not all of enemies will be such stupid.
4. Few times when I run from enemy, they didn't attack me later.

Last edited:

Don Kanaille

Insider
The mace and shield guy is a real pest, even more so in the recent versions because he now has a higher quality chain shirt and a chain coif on topf of that which makes him less vulnerable than he was before.

That guy is really agressive and, for some reason, really, really good at getting around blocks and parries. And armor doesn´t help all that much because his weapon is really effective against it.

I recommend using either the voulge or the 2h sword from the guy before him. Keep your distance, peddle back a lot from him and circle around the room; but be very agressive with attacks at the same time. Keep swinging and especially overheading: given how agressive he is he usually will lunge at you and open his guard quite regularly, which is when your long or fast weapon can deal some damage. He is not as well armored as the guys before him, so unless you get cornered or really unlucky you can usually bring him down before he downs you.

You can also go for leg shots with crouch since he has basically no leg armor, but beware: If you crouch you may not be able to get up in time and lunge backwards if he bull-rushes you.

Natharias

The mace and shield guy is a real pest, even more so in the recent versions because he now has a higher quality chain shirt and a chain coif on topf of that which makes him less vulnerable than he was before.

That guy is really agressive and, for some reason, really, really good at getting around blocks and parries. And armor doesn´t help all that much because his weapon is really effective against it.

I recommend using either the voulge or the 2h sword from the guy before him. Keep your distance, peddle back a lot from him and circle around the room; but be very agressive with attacks at the same time. Keep swinging and especially overheading: given how agressive he is he usually will lunge at you and open his guard quite regularly, which is when your long or fast weapon can deal some damage. He is not as well armored as the guys before him, so unless you get cornered or really unlucky you can usually bring him down before he downs you.

You can also go for leg shots with crouch since he has basically no leg armor, but beware: If you crouch you may not be able to get up in time and lunge backwards if he bull-rushes you.
I know all of that. I can beat him flawlessly with a sword-n-board setup or with a two-handed sword. Voulge and bardiche I can beat him but usually take damage.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Ah, I misunderstood your post there.

However I did just beat him with the polehammer using the technique I described. The slow speed doesnt seem to matter all that much if you outrange him significantly.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.