The Adventures of Madoc and Friends

In order to bring a new flavor to this board, I decided to dedicate a thread to the adventures of Madoc and his trusty team of developers. None of this should be taken seriously, of course; it's all entirely fictional. If any other members feel like spouting comedic nonsense, this is the place to go! If I happen to offend anyone, just send me a private message and we will try to get it resolved. Without further ado, let's take a peek at the story of Sui Generis' inception.

Madoc and friends gather in a local coffee shop in London on a humid August evening. The setting sun throws its last tendrils of daylight fitfully into the sky as it retires beyond the cityscape. Madoc gazes at his friends intently; it’s been a few years since they have all gathered together.

Madoc: Lackeys… I mean, friends! Now that we have an adequate amount of assets and coding complete, I think it would be wise to begin the crowdfunding phase for our new game. First, we need to think of a name; preferably, something that’s epic and hard to pronounce. I was thinking “Sui Generis

Brendan: Are we supposed to know what that means?

Madoc: No, and that’s what makes it appealing! It means “Of its own genus” in Latin. In other words, its awesomeness will overshadow every single game ever made since the history of forever.

Agnes: But, isn’t that a bit presumptuous?

Kieran: Yes, positively pre… prevalicious!

Madoc: Kieran, the adults are talking right now. If you think the name is presumptuous Brendan, then do you have any suggestions?

Kieran: "Apocalypse God Blades of Redemption: Satan’s Absolution: Necrophilia!"

Madoc: Kieran, for Christ’s sake, why am I even friends with you? Have you even worked on the game recently?

Kieran: Of course! I added a bush in the village that Agnes designed. But not just any bush, a flaming bush that spits poison! Pew pew pew! It’s actually the final boss, and that’s not even its final form!

Bethain: How about something more relatable, like “A Hero’s Quest”

Agnes: Could you be any more generic? It would at least need an interesting subtitle to spice it up a bit.

Kieran:A Hero’s Quest: Hell’s Miscreation Zweihander-Man”!

Brendan: …I think we can all agree that "Sui Generis" is the best choice. Madoc, you should make the decision, since you’re the lead developer.

Bethain: He’s only the lead because he cheated in our rock-paper-scissors game. I played paper, and Madoc played rock. Then, after he lost, he punched me in the jaw.

Madoc: I did not play rock, I played Madoc’s Fist. Survival of the fittest, Bethain. Besides, you’re more adept at composing music than coding. I, on the other hand, am adept at everything.

Brendan: Can’t argue with that

Agnes: Brendan, stop brown-nosing. Your feelings for Madoc are 70% platonic at most

Brendan: You’re just jealous of our man-intimacy: Mantimacy, for short. Totally heterosexual

Madoc: So… have we come to a consensus on the name?

Kieran: Can I go home now? It’s nap time for Kieran

And so, after a long day of debate, our brave heroes not-so-unanimously agreed on the name “Sui Generis”. Many trials and tribulations await in the future that will test our heroes’ resolve. Will Madoc lose his sanity before crowdfunding even begins? What is this vague “mantimacy”, and why is Agnes so suspicious? Does Bethain harbor any ill-will towards Madoc? What exactly does Kieran do, anyways? Only time will unravel the mysteries of Bare Mettle Entertainment!

Dorag

Hahahahahahaha absolutely amazing!
I'm glad you went through with the suggestion, can't wait for more, got a hearty good laugh from this one XD

:D *Thumbs up*

Tom

Insider
Kieran: Of course! I added a bush in the village that Agnes designed. But not just any bush, a flaming bush that spits poison! Pew pew pew! It’s actually the final boss, and that’s not even its final form!

Bethain: He’s only the lead because he cheated in our rock-paper-scissors game. I played paper, and Madoc played rock. Then, after he lost, he punched me in the jaw.

Madoc: I did not play rock, I played Madoc’s Fist. Survival of the fittest, Bethain. Besides, you’re more adept at composing music than coding. I, on the other hand, am adept at everything.

Above are the highlights that made me laugh out loud from the really hilarious post.

Bushidopirate, please keep it coming. You made my day :D

Dorag

For the people who didn't see it in my thread, here's Bushidopirate's first amazing creation

Now now friends, I know we are all anxious to get some new information about this gem-in-the-making, but we don't want to bug the developers too much! I imagine something like this happens when the developers see this thread:

Madoc: "Public video? Public video?! The bloodlust of the masses is growing... Brendan, stop whatever you're working on in order to appease these fools!"
Brendan: "But, i'm working on camel physics right now..."
Madoc: "Damnit Brendan, I told you to save that for the animator"
Brendan: "Can't we just give them more pictures of arches and call it a day?"
Madoc: "No, no, we've already tried that once. We need to do something more drastic. Perhaps a sound effect demonstration will work?"
Brendan: "Should I upload the sound clips of Kieran in plate mail being hit with a mace? He still hasn't perfected his battle grunting, though"
Madoc: "No, no, the public can't find out that Kieran's still in the hospital from that incident. Just cut the camel physics and spend the day recording a video of two-handed combat"

And because of our greed, camel physics will no longer be in Sui Generis... Is that what we wanted? (Disclaimer: camel physics weren't in Sui Generis anyways)

The point is that the developers are busy with much more important things than appeasing our every need, although I can't deny that I am just as excited for this game as the rest of you.

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see camel physics in the future because of this :D

I just read this again, and it's even more hilarious the second time! If you have time BushidoPirate, I'm sure we'd all love it if you would continue it :)

My brethren, the years have come and gone since this post, but the adventures of Madoc and friends are eternal. Let us resume our journey with an introduction to the cast of characters:

Madoc is the head of development due to an unfortunate rock-paper-scissors “accident”. He’s acts the part of a ruthless leader, but he’s secretly a nice guy. After all, who else could have the patience to deal with the rest of the cast?

Bethain is the musical guy. The other guys like to call him “Flutes” or “Tinkerchimes”, but that’s only because they don’t understand the infinite power of music. He secretly aspires to go down in history as a famous composer, but he’s helping Madoc with Sui Generis because of their long-standing friendship.

Brendan does a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and everything in-between this and that, which may or may not include those things. He’s a little quiet around the office, and he’s Madoc’s self-proclaimed best friend.

Kieran doesn’t do this, that, or those things. In fact, no one really knows what he does. Sometimes, in the deep, dark of the night, deadlines will suddenly be met and projects are suddenly completed with the utmost skill and attention to detail. Kieran’s behavior around the office is so flighty and lighthearted that everyone else is more apt to believe that Kieran may have multiple personalities.

Agnes mostly handles the art and also acts as the enforcer when the guys get out of hand, which happens all too often. Somehow, the work always gets done and the office hasn’t burnt down yet, which is probably due to Agnes’ interventions.

Sneil

Insider
:D:D:D
Hey thanks for posting again, I missed the first post way back when. haha, keep em coming!

Dorag

This is great :D dug this one up from nowhere! and onwards we go :) I love it.

For the people who didn't see it in my thread, here's Bushidopirate's first amazing creation

Who knows, maybe we'll get to see camel physics in the future because of this :D
2nd of February, 2016, No camel physics yet, but the hope is still there! xD

Scarecrow

Insider
I remember this from way back. Just have to say this stuff is hilarious Bushidopirate. I like to imagine the bare mettle office as the most dysfunctional place ever, and yet despite that they manage to create great stuff. Hell, it might even be because of that.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.