The physics of real weapons.

Pc Genie

He is talking about theatrical weapons, a typical arming sword would be two to two and a half pounds, from what I hear of museum examples and the reproductions created based on them.

I reviewed cheap Hanwei 'practical' swords that are more realistic than some theatrical swords (no offence to theatre, acting is a great talent with many facets, but it doesn't include swordfighting).

I too however would like to hear what factors the developers used when creating in game weapons out of curiosity.

Peasant135

Whatever weight they are they still must obey the laws of physics as Gods(BM) define them.

Last edited:

Pc Genie

Whatever weight they are they still must obey the laws of physics as Gods(BM) defines them.
Oh absolutely, but I hope you'd agree that the way game weapons behave with the same real life physics should be based on real weapons or at least accurate reproductions, not the flailing movie style theatrical weapons.

Excuse my backlash, but I see far too much misinformation spread about that Medieval European weapons were clumsy crude lumps of iron that were unwieldy, thus making common media portray them as such. If Exanima followed suit, combat would become much worse in our beloved game rather than better!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.