The Round Table

ZaratanCho

Insider
Not the best name, but it is what it is ;D. Just thought I'd make a topic where anyone can talk about anything, who knows maybe something interesting will come out of it. I'm out for now. ;D

ZaratanCho

Insider
Not bad, would be interesting to see like this. A good thing to learn ;D. Though i don't like "Stan Lee's superhumans" too much. ;D There is so much more than this, though. Don't be too shocked ;D You can live without half your brain without much difference in a "normal" life. ;D Assuming you can compensate it, because you'll normally get partially paralized whitout a half. ;D

Parco

if ur left brain doesnt work then your right side of your body would be paralyzed, as your brain is doing cross controlling, i believe i read somewhere many left handed people do not have this "cross control support" :p their left brain is controlling the left part of the body, and same with right side. for one half of the brain it is possible to control the whole body, but i believe that would require some connections that are not normally supposed to be there. and there would not be any need to worry about if that half would "overheat" as at normal we only uses 10% of our brain anyway, but it would leave some quite serious problems for the one with only a half brain, as right half of the brain tend to be more imaginative and intuitive. people with dominating right brain see things as a whole and are interested in patterns, shapes and sizes. the right brain is associated with artistic ability like singing, painting, writing poetry, etc,... left brain dominated people may find their thought processes vague and difficult to follow, for they are quite opposite in the way they think. left brain dominated people tend to be more logical and analytical in their thinking and usually excels at mathematics and word skills. one with only one half working brain would be almost (not fully, as both sides of brains are capable of the same tasks) dead in those areas.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Well yeah thats what i meant as i mentioned paralized. Thing is you can overcome this paralysis in ways, if you can do that you won't be "dead" at all in certain areas, besides people brains have become messed up mush. Can't compare things to the average human much, when talking about the brain, body, physical and mental capabilities. And the psycho-social, biological, chemical and electro magnentic(and more) manipulation of human consciousness play a big part. Putting it mildly.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Not bad, would be interesting to see like this. A good thing to learn ;D. Though i don't like "Stan Lee's superhumans" too much. ;D There is so much more than this, though. Don't be too shocked ;D You can live without half your brain without much difference in a "normal" life. ;D Assuming you can compensate it, because you'll normally get partially paralized whitout a half. ;D
;D

Komuflage

Insider
if ur left brain doesnt work then your right side of your body would be paralyzed, as your brain is doing cross controlling, i believe i read somewhere many left handed people do not have this "cross control support" :p their left brain is controlling the left part of the body, and same with right side. for one half of the brain it is possible to control the whole body, but i believe that would require some connections that are not normally supposed to be there. and there would not be any need to worry about if that half would "overheat" as at normal we only uses 10% of our brain anyway, but it would leave some quite serious problems for the one with only a half brain, as right half of the brain tend to be more imaginative and intuitive. people with dominating right brain see things as a whole and are interested in patterns, shapes and sizes. the right brain is associated with artistic ability like singing, painting, writing poetry, etc,... left brain dominated people may find their thought processes vague and difficult to follow, for they are quite opposite in the way they think. left brain dominated people tend to be more logical and analytical in their thinking and usually excels at mathematics and word skills. one with only one half working brain would be almost (not fully, as both sides of brains are capable of the same tasks) dead in those areas.
So if I'm not very imaginative, I'm good at taking initiative, I always liked shapes and patern. I'm often very logical, I'm good at math and talking, but only in like discussions and so on, not small talking. I can't sing or paint. However I often got clear thought and can often notice things noone else does.
I'm I a right or left brain dominated person :confused:

nox

Insider
So if I'm not very imaginative, I'm good at taking initiative, I always liked shapes and patern. I'm often very logical, I'm good at math and talking, but only in like discussions and so on, not small talking. I can't sing or paint. However I often got clear thought and can often notice things noone else does.
I'm I a right or left brain dominated person :confused:
I don't think it is really that simple.
From Wikipedia:
"Broad generalizations are often made in popular psychology about one side or the other having characteristic labels, such as "logical" for the left side or "creative" for the right. These labels need to be treated carefully; although a lateral dominance is measurable, both hemispheres contribute to both kinds of processes,[1] and experimental evidence provides little support for correlating the structural differences between the sides with such broadly-defined functional differences.[2]"
Link
And that part about using only 10% of our brain is also a myth.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Ok, so there was a "theory" that you use all parts of your brain just not at the same time(somewhat true) as a counter to the one that you use just 5,8,10 or whatever %. Thing is those theories are very poor. There are some parts of the brain and "organs" that are indeed not used and a huge part of the brain and body's "circulation" system is blocked due to "pollution" and what not. This parts are very important and are being destoyed more and more as we go on. About the left and right halves the problem is they have become VERY disconnected, won't be getting into it anymore than that, for now. ;D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.