World design and backstory

MagicKarl

Supporter
I may have missed this, being new to the forums, but can't find it...

So has work begun on the actual backstory of the world, the details, NPCs, towns etc?

Fawz

Insider
They've had an idea for the story of the world for a long time. We've gotten pieces of information here and there and have built up a lot of theories. The Dev's are purposefully withholding telling us too much about the world and it's story because that's a core aspect of the game. You are meant to discover things and be driven to explore by curiosity.

If you look at the about section of the website you can get a good rough idea, and there was some writing updates done on Kickstarter that showed some aspects of life in SG.

An excerpt detailing the global world description of Sui Generis:
"On a treacherous world with a tortured history the meagre remnants of humanity live in awe of a misconceived past, haunted by forgotten gods and fearful of the very ground they tread. A vast sprawling underworld ever present below their feet, baleful demons lying in wait. Thaumaturges, people with powerful psychic abilities, have abandoned their once benevolent nature turning to cruel and dark activities in their quest for ultimate power. Awoken by impending threats, an abandoned and damaged being gives rise to its ancient weapons who now walk amongst the people again."

alice

The possibility here is endless. Even in hard games like dark souls, once you get used to the seven or eight tricks the game would throw at you, you can pretty much go through the entire game within a few hours. But if Sui generis would introduce AI director to its core system, then not only every play-through of the game would feel totally different, but also open up many possibilities of expanding the game's depth without making the new elements or chucks seemed out of place.

Oona

Insider
The possibility here is endless. Even in hard games like dark souls, once you get used to the seven or eight tricks the game would throw at you, you can pretty much go through the entire game within a few hours. But if Sui generis would introduce AI director to its core system, then not only every play-through of the game would feel totally different, but also open up many possibilities of expanding the game's depth without making the new elements or chucks seemed out of place.
From what we've been told, I think what SG will offer will be far more complex and intriguing than the AI director, or any other AI system available to date.

Prof.

Insider
I'm thrilled about finding out how the story will be told while playing.
But like alice already said with the chucks seeming out of place I'd guess there would be trouble conferring a consistent story while still guaranteeing a unique playthrough every time you start again.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.