ASOIAF / Game of Thrones Discussions (Spoilers)

Vold

Insider
So, I have watched the last chapter of Game of Thrones 3 times... Regardless of the deviation on the story line of the books, it was pretty good. From what I have read George R. R. Martin didn't participate directly in the 5th season and is definetly not going to be involved on the sixth; the series will probably be a lot different than the books, which is good and bad. Bad because I think it will not be as good as the books, but good because it will not spoil the books. So, I guess that I will just have to take this with a grain of salt and enjoy the series with whatever story they tell us.
So, did you like the last episode? I think that the last battle was pretty epic. :p

Dead things in the woods...Dead things in the water.
Hardhome was pretty impressive despite placing Jon in the scene. It was exciting to see all those damn Wights running around. I repeat, 'running' around. And this serves a few purposes. Firstly it shows off some impressive directing which is necessary. Then it opens viewers eyes to the threat at hand, namely the Others. Readers get a bit more warning that the Others are coming with Melisandre and Stannis' dialogue, this kinda stuff never really came through in the show though. We've known they were there, but not that the threat was imminent and terrifying.

I have no clue where they will take the show for season 6, hopefully to the Iron Islands ;)
They've already put the casting call out for pirates and I mean, come on, the King's Moot was great! I just hope they don't give the Iron Islands the same treatment they gave Dorne. 'Cause in my opinion Dorne has been pretty lackluster and downright bad at times.

NachoDawg

I loved the that episode a lot. It showed from "big picture" perspective that a lot more pressing matters is on the agenda than just who sits on the Iron Throne.

And unrelated to the north conflict, I think the High Sparrows and religions are kind of cool. Considering deities, or at least really powerful magical beings might be real. Wouldn't mind the blessings and help from either the old gods or the new when winter comes.

There's so many religions going on that have been fleshed out, many fans can fight over them really.
There's R'hllor, The Seven, The Unnamed Gods of the North, The Great Other, The Drowned God, The Storm God, The Faceless Man, The Horse God, Mother Rhoyne, and the countless gods of Essos. It's incredible really haha.

My favorite is the Drowned God of the Iron Islands ;)
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.
May we all feast in his watery halls.

NachoDawg

There's so many religions going on that have been fleshed out, many fans can fight over them really.
There's R'hllor, The Seven, The Unnamed Gods of the North, The Great Other, The Drowned God, The Storm God, The Faceless Man, The Horse God, Mother Rhoyne, and the countless gods of Essos. It's incredible really haha.

My favorite is the Drowned God of the Iron Islands ;)
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.
May we all feast in his watery halls.

I remember reading somewhere that The Faceless Man/The God of Death is the 7th god of the seven, The Stranger. And The Seven is just 7 aspects of 1 God.

But yeah, point being, there's higher powers a foot and appeasing some of them might actually be a good idea x)

Scarecrow

Insider
What the hell happened to Bran and Rickon? I just realized we haven't seen them in this season yet, which is strange considering what last happened with them in the previous season. Not that I mind too much, their storyline is the most boring one imo.

As for what happened in the last episode, I was pretty satisfied with it. Finally something actually happened you know. So far season 5 has been pretty lackluster, but looks like things might be picking up. And its not so much that I need awesome battles or fights or anything, but just something that excites me. What happened at Hardhome, and Tyrion probably joining up with Daenerys are two such things.

I remember reading somewhere that The Faceless Man/The God of Death is the 7th god of the seven, The Stranger. And The Seven is just 7 aspects of 1 God.
Those that worship the Faceless Man hold to the idea that regardless of religious ideology, you will face death. So it's sorta a deity that transcends all religion. It doesn't matter if you consider him to be the Stranger or the Horse God or whatever, all men must die and this figure exemplifies that.

What the hell happened to Bran and Rickon? I just realized we haven't seen them in this season yet, which is strange considering what last happened with them in the previous season. Not that I mind too much, their storyline is the most boring one imo.
Rickon is chilling in Skagos and
Davos is to the rescue, he needs to present Rickon to the Manderly's so that they will support Stannis' claim to the throne. Davos being the man that he is will risk his life for Stannis.
Bran is chilling out (literally) and being a tree (literally). They reached the end of his book story last season so instead of spoiling stuff, they cut his arc and he will return in season 6. This makes sense however because really, he's supposed to be training with Brendan Bloodraven for a bit. We don't really need to see him being a tree for a whole season so it is what it is.

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
In regards to religions, Cersei really screwed up restoring the powers of the faith militant... Their fanatism seems dangerous. There was a good reason for the Targaryens to take them down I think.

In regards to religions, Cersei really screwed up restoring the powers of the faith militant... Their fanatism seems dangerous. There was a good reason for the Targaryens to take them down I think.
If she had just the smallest appreciation for history, she would've known this was a bad idea. It took 3 Targaryen Kings to 'conciliate' the Faith Militant Uprising. If Cersei is found not guilty, I wouldn't be surprised if another uprising occurs. I mean, the first uprising started when a Targ King wed his son and daughter to each other to keep the bloodline pure. If that pissed off the Faith enough to rebel, what is confirming the bastard King Tommen gonna do?

I have not actually seen the episode yet but I read a synopsis. Didn't see that coming honestly, my friend thought the earlier suggestions and insistence was a huge give away but I didn't think they'd do it. My finger was on a certain character who's name rhymes with meek, y'know, cause of his and his sister's kingsblood.
The show runners apparently (a big apparently, got no source only seen it thrown about lately) want to finish the show in 7 seasons while HBO wants 10. I already know the show isn't gonna last another 5 seasons though. Unless TWoW and ADoS are fucking HUGE.

Also beware the Elios&Linda twitter, Linda is super pissed about some of the Inside the Episode talk and has threatened to spoil the big event that will 'break the internet' in episode 10. If you haven't seen anything about it, continue on.

Vold

Insider
Yeah, I think that there will be 7 seasons as well; they don't have much material to make them anyways and Martin will not participate directly in any of the following seasons.

About the event that happened in the last chapter, I read that it follows what happens in the sixth book, although I am pretty sure that it does not happen that way... Probably happens at the wall and it's selyse's idea. After realizing that the baby which is at the wall does not have king's blood (not even a spoiler because the TV show does not tell that story).

I'm afraid that I know what's gonna be the big event that will break the internet... When I read it in the book I yelled WTF (in my language) so loud, that my sister panicked... I never ever saw it coming, and the years of waiting for the 6th book have been a pain in the ass.

Pilluminati

Insider
I wasn't too surprised, Stannis felt like a dick from day 1 :p How anyone could see him as a good guy makes me scratch my head. I disliked the episode though, the dragon coming to rescue khaleesi felt like your average hollywood movie. The fighting scenes in the arena were lame and not believable at all. Left a sour taste in my mouth. The Stannis incident didn't even have anything to do with it.

I wasn't too surprised, Stannis felt like a dick from day 1 :p How anyone could see him as a good guy makes me scratch my head. I disliked the episode though, the dragon coming to rescue khaleesi felt like your average hollywood movie. The fighting scenes in the arena were lame and not believable at all. Left a sour taste in my mouth. The Stannis incident didn't even have anything to do with it.
Sure he feels like a dick but...

STANNIS BARATHEON IS THE RIGHTFUL KING!

Vold

Insider
In the book it's epic, especially because the dragon doesn't really appear to save her but to eat and burn everyone in there including the khaleesi.. although as we know the fire doesn't really work with her.

Pilluminati

Insider
In the book it's epic, especially because the dragon doesn't really appear to save her but to eat and burn everyone in there including the khaleesi.. although as we know the fire doesn't really work with her.
That's slightly better I guess. I pray to the gods it happens one day :p

Scarecrow

Insider
Daenerys for president!

I think it was a decent enough episode. Was a bit shocked tbh to see who got rekt at the stake by Stannis' orders, even though it was hinted at in earlier episodes. I also liked that Jorah got his ass handed to him by a Bravosi dancing master (rip dancing master).

I do wonder just what the hell will happen in episode 10 though. The last episodes of Game of Thrones are usually good, so looking forward to whats in store for the next one.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.