It's March 1st and we haven't had a real updates in months...

AW8

Supporter
Most of this isn't very interesting to show or talk about, it's stuff like how to store information about every possible object in the game and what this information should be. Some of it is more interesting, like how AI and NPC interaction will work but it's too early for us to release any information on these things, they will have to evolve as we include more features.
I understand. I agree that it's better to wait until you have something good to show us instead of showing us uninteresting data or early work-in-progress systems that are subject to change completely.

I really enjoyed the beach screenshots and the physique information in today's update, BTW.

At this stage it's difficult to do frequent updates, once more of the foundations are in place we can dedicate more time to adding game features and making content at which point frequent updates will become much easier.
Sound plan. I look forward to when more foundations are in place and you can share more with us. :)

SergeDavid

Insider
NO, PLEASE NO MORE!!! na jking :p will be looking forward to read everything you got on your mind, its not like i got much else to do with my life for the moment :p
Hmm, I wonder who looks forward to my increasingly rare walls of text. Ever week I pop on to see if I see anything that sparks my text walls to appear in the "Whats new?" section.

Rob

Come on, seriously. Did you really think that the moderators wouldn't see that post?

This sort of behavior won't be tolerated.

GarrettThief

Supporter
No problem guys. You haven´t got got as much money via Kickstarter as other projects have got...so we will be all better of if you spend your time in doing a great game then spending to much time into informing the community 365

Rob

It was more meant like a frivolous joke, if it's not allowed, then I apologise, you simply delete my comment. :oops:
That post wasn't directed at you, Komuflage - sorry for the confusion. I thought your post was amusing :);). People blatantly asking for underhand insider leaks isn't on though.

SergeDavid

Insider
Okay I got some story elements for you guys and gals without insider privileges.
So here is a general sketch out of one of the main quest lines that is possible when you start the game with a fresh character. We've found that providing a main quest as an object from the beginning of the game gives the gamer a goal to work toward besides immersing themselves into the world and the procedurally generated content.

So after you create your character you'll awaken in a small village in the desert part of the island. There is an issue with one of your villages wells and you'll need to get help from some traders. One of the slaves you bought ends up running and your uncle who runs the village sends you out to find him. After finding the escaped slave you are attacked by a band of desert goblins which you fight off with the help of an old man. He becomes your mentor and as you head home you arrive to the remains of your burnt down village. It turns out that the slave that escaped has news of an invasion of the island by an evil force and you must venture off to the capital with the two slaves and the old man. Not having any efficient means of getting to the capital which is on the other side of the giant island the four of you head off to the near by village for horses and a guide. There you meet a rouge and his companion who can lead you to the capital and has some of the fastest horses in the area, even if they are a bit beat up. Arriving at the capital you find that it has already been taken over and you must free the princess before making your escape. Your mentor however is killed by the general in charge of the invasion in front of your eyes right before the 6 of you left make your escape. The princess leads you to the rebel base where you all stock up on supplies and make a final ditch effort to defeat the imperials. In an awesome battle you'll have to destroy the key to power, a massive orb which only an arrow fired into a small crack along its surface will destroy it.

Remember that this is a rough draft, but I do kind of like it. I believe in a later expansion we're planning to do will include fuzzy little forest creatures you get to team up with to destroy the second "Death Orb", and you'll even be able to fight the Emperor himself!

BigT2themax

Insider
WAT. WHY DID IT POST THIS TWICE.

WHAT THE F-... I DON'T EVEN... WUT.

Also, while I'm editing this, I just realised you basically just summarised the story of star wars episode 4 for comedic purposes, with some alterations to the story to make it more "sui generis"-y. Very funny. :p

I'm guessing this thread is going to degenerate into the insiders of the forum continuously pretending to leak info, whether fake or obscured hilariously. Well, that's always good fun, right?

Parco

Umm... I don't remember seeing anything like this in any part of the insider forum.

Methinks you're making things up, Serge. :p

Besides, why the hell would they just spoil the entire story, anyways?
Umm... I don't remember seeing anything like this in any part of the insider forum.

Methinks you're making things up, Serge. :p

Besides, why the hell would they just spoil the entire story, anyways?

XD
Dont remeber seeing it either, but interesting story:p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.