Most frustrating experience I've ever had in 20 years of gaming lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobchaos

Not interested in getting into a huge debate here, so this will be my final post on the topic. Scientific theory has very strict standards that have evolved from ancient greek dialectic methods. It's not my standards that are strict, it's science's! Your assumption that it is physically impossible to map the human body's internal communications is simply wrong: it is fully material and therefor can be quantified. Finally, "average for whites" sounds an awful lot like alt-right rhetoric, you should look into your own biases before pointing out other people's.

Midcal9

Not interested in getting into a huge debate here, so this will be my final post on the topic. Scientific theory has very strict standards that have evolved from ancient greek dialectic methods. It's not my standards that are strict, it's science's! Your assumption that it is physically impossible to map the human body's internal communications is simply wrong: it is fully material and therefor can be quantified. Finally, "average for whites" sounds an awful lot like alt-right rhetoric, you should look into your own biases before pointing out other people's.
I never said it is impossible, I said it would impassible for an individual to be aware of how your physical brain functions down to a neuron, you often times don't comprehend what I actually say.
"you are saying that you want a full map (flashy and interactive too right?) of the brain and fully grasp human cognition (which is physically impossible, you can only roughly model it, your mind doesn't have enough room to map every neuron and be aware of its actions) before you are willing to make up your mind about intelligence"
Your mind. I never talked about the impossibly of mapping it. Let me use another example, it's possible to make a blown up schismatic of your PC, it will exist, but your mind will not be able to fully conceptualize it down to every single detail. And your brain is far complex than a PC, it's an organic "mechanism".
"average for whites"
Actually, that's how it historically happened. Other groups of people tend to score either higher or lower and yes you could shift the goal posts for them and allow other groups have their average of 100. As for my own bias, I have it and I embrace it too. I don't believe it is possible to have no bias nor do I believe it is desirable. My bias arise from the fact that I have preferences, desires and that I am not some kind of disinterested party which has no identity. That's what it would basically amount to, only something that has no identity and values could be bias free, inclination free. It all goes back to Kant and his fairly astute observation that only something which had no identity could have an objective grasp of the universe, we however do live in the world of appearances that is created by our sense modalities. You can either embrace it and make the best of it or set unrealistic standards for knowledge, always fail to meet them and have your ideals stand in your own way.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Like I said, not interested in a debate, you're welcome to call it a win and go pop some champagne now if you like
Me niether, was mistake of mine mentioning IQ, as I said. So..can you plzz tell me if there are any exceptional padded coats, lol? This is literally my most frustrating experience, I want one but I can't get it.

bobchaos

Me niether, was mistake of mine mentioning IQ, as I said. So..can you plzz tell me if there are any exceptional padded coats, lol? This is literally my most frustrating experience, I want one but I can't get it.
haha, sorry bout that, I sadly can't say, haven't played in a bit, just poped my head in to see if we had new content released. But then I saw your debate with Sylla and I honestly couldn't help myself, he's so hilllarious!

Patch note do mention exceptional soft leather was added in, but no word on padded.

Midcal9

haha, sorry bout that, I sadly can't say, haven't played in a bit, just poped my head in to see if we had new content released. But then I saw your debate with Sylla and I honestly couldn't help myself, he's so hilllarious!

Patch note do mention exceptional soft leather was added in, but no word on padded.
Nope, never seen exceptional soft leather coats either, but damn those coats look sweet. I want exceptional boots and expectational dark leather coat. Or a dark blue one. Argh! 2 weeks of looking man!

bobchaos

Here's the quote from the 0.6.5.4 changelog:

Reintroduced superior soft leather goods

So superior, not exceptional :/ sorry. They'll probably fill in those little "gaps" when the game is near completion, it's not unusual for devs to focus on core mechanics and core content, then back-fill secondary content just before the first release candidate.

Midcal9

Here's the quote from the 0.6.5.4 changelog:

Reintroduced superior soft leather goods

So superior, not exceptional :/ sorry. They'll probably fill in those little "gaps" when the game is near completion, it's not unusual for devs to focus on core mechanics and core content, then back-fill secondary content just before the first release candidate.
Having an exceptional leather coat is my number one priority now. This is simply inexcusable and unacceptable. I demand retribution. A duel to death will suffice.

Kaladin

The only thing I am opposed to is the notion that IQ is everything there is to know about intelligence. I believe that intelligence is multifaceted; perhaps this is just a matter of how we choose to frame the problem of understanding general intelligence.

In Arena mode, there should be Exceptional Padded Coats. I've seen pretty much every form of equipment represented there.

Midcal9

The only thing I am opposed to is the notion that IQ is everything there is to know about intelligence. I believe that intelligence is multifaceted; perhaps this is just a matter of how we choose to frame the problem of understanding general intelligence.
WAIS IV IQ subtests;
Block Design, Matrix Reasoning, Figure Weights, Picture Completion, Symbol Search, Coding, Cancellation, Vocabulary, Information, Comprehension, Similarities, Arithmetic, Digit Span, Letter-Number Sequencing, Visual Puzzles, Logical Memory I,Logical Memory II, Visual Reproduction I, Visual Reproduction II, Verbal Paired Associates I, Verbal Paired Associates II, Designs I, Designs II, Spatial Addition, Symbol Span.

Other IQ tests have less subtests because some of these subtest are put into the same category, but you get an idea. And on it isn't everything, you also have to take personalty into account. Your personality traits plus your IQ is pretty much everything, however.

In Arena mode, there should be Exceptional Padded Coats. I've seen pretty much every form of equipment represented there.
Never seen them. Neither padded nor leather exceptional coats.

Tony

Insider
Not all items come in exceptional quality and this is intentional. Many of the leather/cloth items are easier for a craftsman to create when compared to items that require metalworking so item qualities reflect this.

Midcal9

Not all items come in exceptional quality and this is intentional. Many of the leather/cloth items are easier for a craftsman to create when compared to items that require metalworking so item qualities reflect this.
Welp, at least I belived. Thanks for letting us know.

Syllabear3

Damn, I know I said I'd ignore him but this is too good:

Sylla, being serious and not serious are mutually exclusive concepts. I know, those are 3 big words there, but simply put, it means you can't be both at the same time. You need to put some more effort into this if you have any hope of being taken seriously.

Alright, alright, I'ma stop polluting this thread now, promised! Can't speak for Sylla tho.
I did it many times, that your iq is not enough to find out is your problem.

Like I said, not interested in a debate, you're welcome to call it a win and go pop some champagne now if you like
Why do people think a discussion is about to win/lose? Are you all insecure white males thinking that everything is a challenge to bow you down?

Now i know you are used to lose, but please dont start attacking midcal9 now. He may be a closet racist, he would need to shame women to feel confident in his white masculinity, he may be insecure about many things but he is a nice and logical guy.

-----

Back in the iq, factor g and whatever shietific therm they use to score human inteligence...

Is enough to me seeing that any high rated IQ person cant ejecute any task "normally" (be controling his body, a bad decision, "social interaction", feelings/sharing feelings, sensibility, common sense, controlling fears and emotions, a fucking big of etc)... be what it be, to feel that the test is complete failure.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Ok CatBear, IQ is BS and you are the top cat here. Tell us something about Exanima instead, your most frustrating experience in this game and how you coped with it. It's an interview now.

Tony

Insider
He may be a closet racist, he would need to shame women to feel confident in his white masculinity, he may be insecure about many things...
Keep these types of comments off the public forums. You've been around long enough to know that personal attacks and flame bait such as this are inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Thanks.

Syllabear3

Keep these types of comments off the public forums. You've been around long enough to know that personal attacks and flame bait such as this are inappropriate and will not be tolerated. Thanks.
I would tell that directly to him after all he said.
Hard to believe you didnt read it.

Nah, you did, and you agree with him. Thats what i think.
Mods powers, mods powers, never changes.

Midcal9

Geezus..I never should have talked about IQ here. Gotta remember not to say anything about politics lol. Let's just get along and talk about some nerdy stuff. :]
"I would tell that directly to him after all he said."
And I would tell you directly what I'm all about. Then what? although, I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I want to shame women. I don't. Sexual dimorphism is a thing and saying that men can't have children is not an attempt to shame men. I have no problem with women, or desire to harm or denigrate them, I actually happen to like them, in a romantic way.

Can you just calm down and talk about something else? Look..ermm, I like your avatar, it has a cool cat. See, we can have a common ground!

Syllabear3

No after what you said, and you friend jumping on me with his mod powers.

I am sorry i am such an emasculated wimp, and all people here with me. But hey, things directed to me are okay ;)

Midcal9

No after what you said, and you friend jumping on me with his mod powers.

I am sorry i am such an emasculated wimp, and all people here with me. But hey, things directed to me are okay ;)
You telling me that in your region or circle of friends/acquaintances you have got reverse sexual dimorphism did strike me as weird at best. Look, I'm not gonna apologize for what I said because I don't feel guilty nor would I say anything different in exactly the same situation but, I think you should brush it off and move on. Make a few biting jokes, consider it done and talk about something else. As for the mod, I do not know him nor do I nor you know anything about his motivations. He might dislike and disagree with everything I have just said but simply uphold the law cuz he's role playing as a Lawful Good character, ahaha.

So, direct your next post at me by making a a sarcastic remark and then talk about exanima. It's that easy.

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
I would tell that directly to him after all he said.
Hard to believe you didnt read it.

Nah, you did, and you agree with him. Thats what i think.
Mods powers, mods powers, never changes.
All forum members are expected to behave like civil human beings regardless of whether or not they agree with other's opinions and/or views. Usually "mod powers" aren't necessary on these forums but I suppose there's always an exception to the rule.

------

Also, probably should get this thread back on topic since it derailed quite significantly from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.