Most frustrating experience I've ever had in 20 years of gaming lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midcal9

Excellent, so, there is one semi noticeable issue with the combat mechanic which doesn't happen often but it is still fairly odd and annoying.

When my character uses two handed weapons, especially the longer ones such as halberd and pole hammer my character's arms get a bit tied after the swing or the polearm gets stuck behind the character under his feet with the head of the weapon scratching against the floor. Usually it is the combination of the two, hands get a bit tied as the head of the weapon is scraping against the floor, it might have something to do with my personal combat technique (erratic movement tends to generate more kinetic force without requiring me to put extra effort and thought into it plus it confuses the AI) where I basically end up moving forward after the swing....Anyways, sometimes I can't do anything to my enemy, even block hits because of this until the hands and the weapon will readjust and take the normal default position.

Kaladin

I notice that often as well with polearms; either me or AI, it most often gets stuck behind the character's back. Usually leads to having to take at least one free hit.

bobchaos

Now i know you are used to lose, but please dont start attacking midcal9 now. He may be a closet racist, he would need to shame women to feel confident in his white masculinity, he may be insecure about many things but he is a nice and logical guy.
I assure you, I won't, because midcal9 did something you have shown yourself 100% incapable of doing: he was reasonable. You should try it someday. Before you get banned a second time I mean XD I can only surmise that you're being allowed to stay on these forums and behave as you do because either A: the mods also think you're hilariously ineffective at communications, or B: they have pity for you.

I suspect me and midcal are one the opposite end of the political spectrum and probably wouldn't agree on much, yet he can debate through the use of ideas that are supported by logic, and also has demonstrated respect for my divergence of opinion, a respect I chose to return to him. You'll notice that in our entire exchange, we never had to claim the other had a lower IQ or was in some way inferior to the other. In the end, I we simply chose to assign different weight to our respective arguments, but all of them were valid points. I would think you might have learned a valuable lesson about quality argumentation and elevating the debate and all that, but you still seem to think high-school trash-talk consist in solid dialectic skills :/

You do have a good point tho (that you magically, in a way only you can pull off, invalidate for yourself in the very same sentence XD ) that debate is not a 0 sum game and should never be. A good debate should enrich both minds with new ideas and new things to ponder. Can't do that when you're busy doing personal attacks, or chasing a "win", which are behavior easily observed when looking into your account's history. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! Try it.

Kaladin

You should stop the needless antagonizing as well, bobchaos. At this point you're only further derailing this thread from its intended purpose.

Syllabear3

See? Direct attacks from bobchaos and Tony doesnt care, but he does care when i do it.

So, tony?
All forum members are expected to behave like civil human beings regardless of whether or not they agree with other's opinions and/or views.
Show me your words are correct.

back-trolling Sylla is never needless ;)
You are the one trolling. A moderator asked to not derail the thread but you keep going.
You should get what you deserve.
It was all okay until you appeared with your attacks...

Your first post here:
O poor you, you must be new around here; we don't argue with Sylla, it's a pointless exercise that can only result in madness or disappointment ;)
Ops, tony "magically" didnt read it.

Last edited:

SyllaBear

I assure you, I won't, because midcal9 did something you have shown yourself 100% incapable of doing: he was reasonable. You should try it someday. Before you get banned a second time I mean XD I can only surmise that you're being allowed to stay on these forums and behave as you do because either A: the mods also think you're hilariously ineffective at communications, or B: they have pity for you.

I suspect me and midcal are one the opposite end of the political spectrum and probably wouldn't agree on much, yet he can debate through the use of ideas that are supported by logic, and also has demonstrated respect for my divergence of opinion, a respect I chose to return to him. You'll notice that in our entire exchange, we never had to claim the other had a lower IQ or was in some way inferior to the other. In the end, I we simply chose to assign different weight to our respective arguments, but all of them were valid points. I would think you might have learned a valuable lesson about quality argumentation and elevating the debate and all that, but you still seem to think high-school trash-talk consist in solid dialectic skills :/

You do have a good point tho (that you magically, in a way only you can pull off, invalidate for yourself in the very same sentence XD ) that debate is not a 0 sum game and should never be. A good debate should enrich both minds with new ideas and new things to ponder. Can't do that when you're busy doing personal attacks, or chasing a "win", which are behavior easily observed when looking into your account's history. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis! Try it.
Here's my first account, to show everyone that you have no clue on what you are talking about.

Tony

Insider
back-trolling Sylla is never needless ;)
Please do not intentionally provoke other forum members.

------

@Syllabear3 if you have a problem with other forum members report the posts but attempting to provoke me or other forum members isn't the correct approach nor appropriate behavior.

------

Since people refuse to get the thread back on topic this thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.