Postponement

Empire²

Insider
alright thanks for the answer :) still hoping for Monday (hint hint)
I do indeed think they're currently based in Sienna, having moved there from London after finding an office space there.

I am absolutely stoked to get my hands on the first build. I've been writing a lot of reviews/first impressions and generally game-related pieces lately (link in my signature for those interested :p), and I want to get something out on Sui Generis as soon as I can to try and beat the general public to it, and before the game becomes a hit on Youtube through big channels like Totalbiscuit, the Yogscast, etc.

I think my 'refresh' key is going to be broken by the end of the month :p

Have you seen the public viewing of alpha gameplay thread in the insider forum. One of the devs (too lazy to research) said that there will be an NDA for a while. So unless if you plan on releasing material about the game during NDA or old information as soon as it is lifted, I think you'll have just as much opportunity as everyone else.

Empire²

Insider
Have you seen the public viewing of alpha gameplay thread in the insider forum. One of the devs (too lazy to research) said that there will be an NDA for a while. So unless if you plan on releasing material about the game during NDA or old information as soon as it is lifted, I think you'll have just as much opportunity as everyone else.
Yes, I have seen that and know about the NDA. Once it gets lifted, however, the people that had alpha access will have a severe advantage over those that dive into it when it's available on steam or whatever (from a reviewing standpoint). Which means that, while Bare Mettle keep hammering away at SG, I will gather my info and chisel at my thoughts until the NDA is lifted, after which I will unleash a tidal wave of biblical proportions, containing information/content that anyone aiming to do a review or first impressions of it isn't going to be able to keep up with.

Having quite some hours put into a game, especially an RPG, is absolutely key to forming a proper assessment of it. Whether or not you're ahead with the story is fairly irrelevant for an RPG, since people prefer not ruining the plot for themselves by watching anyways. Having a backlog of knowledge and experience with a game's mechanics and possible tactics is essential with the amount of people releasing videos about games these days. Having that edge gameplay-wise is very useful when wanting to release guides or "Tips & Tricks"-esque videos/articles. Above all else, you need to be quick. With developers handing out review copies to certain people, it's pretty much impossible to cut off someone that covers video games for a living, which is why preconceived ideas need to be what you excel at.

Noone's going to watch or read what you did when a popular reviewer has a video up around the same time that covers the game in the same way. If you have a head start as far as your experience with the game goes, at least a portion of potential viewers will find your input more valuable. It's the reason people like TheRadBrad are as popular as they are. If you're looking for a walkthrough of a game on launch day, he'll have uploaded about half of his entire walkthrough already.

All this aside, I'm eager to see if 'Chair Fu' has made its way into the game...

Pilluminati

Insider
Using Robs technique if we multiply a few days (2-4) with Pi we get:
~6 - 13
Which means it'll come the earliest Wednesday next week.
In other words: Calm the fuck down :cool:

Rev

Insider
I'd rather not calm down after working myself up for so long... I'm going to remain optimistic for some point this week.

It may be futile optimism but optimism none the less....

Fawz

Insider
I guess it was only a matter of time until someone tried to pull that.

Here's to hoping no new issues arose with the Alpha build and that we can play sometime Tuesday :D

Rev

Insider
I got hyped for it, but only because I thought Rick Astley might be on the other end of the link...

Omenov

Insider
Oh man!! I just left my house for a couple of days is was thinking I need to have one of my kids download it and have it ready for me when I get home. But then I realized they would be playing it before I did so forget that!!!! haha

Good one! Now nobody else try that. Its been done darnit!!!

Scarecrow

Insider
I immediately suspected it to be a link to some crap page when i saw it earlier today, which would surely bless me with a thousand viruses. The internet makes you so suspicious! I was so curious that i clicked it anyways though. Glad it was just a picture ^^

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.