Postponement

I have a long ass day of class and then work tomorrow :(
But I'll make sure to pick something up to toast/cheers everyone over in Sienna

Fawz

Insider
Looking back on how they made the game videos available in the past, I highly doubt we'll have any serious issues downloading the Alpha build.

Regrettably this time around they most probably won't be able to use a Torrent approach to have the community help each other download, unless they go with a log-in with your account system (which I doubt)

I'm curious about file size though. Guess we'll know soon enough!

lvk

Insider
From what I can gather, Bare Mettle's CDN is Akamai, so no worries about bringing down their servers with a community of this size. I could be wrong, though.

Komuflage

Insider
I go to school about 50km from my home, and I've got a pretty fast car, I can make that trip in about 20 mins, My internet speed is only 7Mb/s though, so a 5-10gb file size should take ~ 1,33-2,67 Hours. Luckily my brother is working nights this week, so if the game is release around 10am-12pm I can ask him to start the download. If I'm really lucky, I'll get 90,4 hours to game until I've to be at work.
I just need to squeeze in some time to stock up on soda.

I go to school about 50km from my home, and I've got a pretty fast car, I can make that trip in about 20 mins, My internet speed is only 7Mb/s though, so a 5-10gb file size should take ~ 1,33-2,67 Hours. Luckily my brother is working nights this week, so if the game is release around 10am-12pm I can ask him to start the download. If I'm really lucky, I'll get 90,4 hours to game until I've to be at work.
That reminds me of Vork from that show The Guild xD

Brendan

Developer
Haha don't worry, this is just an alpha of a combat test, it's stripped of all content and functionality that isn't necessary so it's very small. It will probably be around 300MB compressed :eek:

Fawz

Insider
Haha don't worry, this is just an alpha of a combat test, it's stripped of all content and functionality that isn't necessary so it's very small. It will probably be around 300MB compressed :eek:
That is indeed quite small in size, even considering that it's compressed. I'm very curious how future updates to the Alpha build will be handled. Will there be a launcher that checks for new updates and downloads them? (Although I'm guessing this type of functionality isn't close to being implemented just yet)

Or will it be handled as separate downloadable files such as small Patch updates?
Considering the small file size I guess it's probably much more likely at first for there to just be a new installer package to replace the old one each time an update is made.

I don't post that much in forums, but I can't refrain from stating I am ridiculously excited about this game. I have moved from Hawaii to Washington state to Spain and soon to BC, Canada during these last few months and every time I board a flight I fear I will have missed the Alpha release! I feel I should invest in a chew toy rather than gnaw on my nails in anticipation any more! :eek:

Omenov

Insider
I'm in Washington State. Take some of this rain with you!!! Spain could use some. Mainly on the plain I hear....

I'm in Washington State. Take some of this rain with you!!! Spain could use some. Mainly on the plain I hear....
I'm in Zaragoza right now, and the weather here likes to have mood swings. Earlier it was 5 degrees Celsius and sunny out. Than a few hours later it decided that rain with 17 degrees fit perfectly. I do miss the heavy rains from the PNW though. I lived in Hawaii for almost 3 years...too much sun!!! don't hate me...o_O

Tony

Insider
I'm also in WA State. And a few days ago I ended up slipping on some freezing rain and skinning my hand up. No fun at all o_O

Omenov

Insider
I'm also in WA State. And a few days ago I ended up slipping on some freezing rain and skinning my hand up. No fun at all o_O
Ouch... Ya it was cold there for a few days! Sorry to hear that.
I know we off topic sorry 8)
One more thing. :D GO HAWKS! :D

Rev

Insider
That is a good question. I think they may have stripped that out for this build but I hope not!

turtleman155

Insider
meanwhile in the real WA (Western Australia) with internet speeds of 700kbs/s i feel much envy for you
300mgbs should be no problem though :D

I hadn't seen any mention of it (since it was initially announced). Will there be lan multiplayer for this alpha build?
"Also planned for this prelude is the ability to duel your friends on LAN with characters you build in the single player experience." -- OP

Looks like they're putting multiplayer in the prelude. Whether or not we'll get it in this first alpha version is another question (I would actually be surprised if we did). Either way, it seems like it'll be along soon. Can't wait to duel my brother.

hannes77

Insider
"............. for this prelude is the ability to play as a Troll or Wizard ." -- Madoc

So yeah, cant wait to put magic to the test tonight, or swing that huge spikey mace.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.