Slight Coordination Dyslexia.

Mailamea

I recently brought this for me and my cousin. We love and enjoy it very much. We are both suffering from slight coordination dyslexia. It's very hard for us to comprehend the WASD control of this game, we get very Dizzy and still can't adopt properly to it. Can we have a feature of the WASD in other top view games? like if im facing south, pressing W makes me go backward instead of still going forward? It's because we can't enjoy it for a long time cuz its making us Dizzy just comprehending with the current WASD Scheme where facing south to go backward we need to press S, and inverted A and D direction. It gets painful when we've played for quite a while.

Maybe add it as like a checkbox on the settings? Like "Easy Mode" turns the controls to usual WASD where in facing south doesn't invert A and D Left/Right pressing S makes me go north.

Thank you for this game.

Perhaps what you could do is to not play this game as a top down game, completely. You can weigh down your spacebar so your camera is always locked onto the direction you are facing. A simple double-click will face your character where you want to look.

Mailamea

Perhaps what you could do is to not play this game as a top down game, completely. You can weigh down your spacebar so your camera is always locked onto the direction you are facing. A simple double-click will face your character where you want to look.
Yes I keep holding my spacebar button, but the camera is sometimes too sensitive and you can't swing starting from the left with spacebar on hold.

I'm playing it zoomed it so it doesn't go super topdownish

I really like this game, i just hope they implement it as options "Easy Mode"(Typical WASD in topdown/3d game)
This disorder sucks!

Greenbrog

Insider
Need to stop playing while holding spacebar. The game isn't made to be played this way. Just have to practice without using spacebar.

Faelivrin

Insider
On one hand i am against an official easy mode that would be with used by most of played experiencing slight difficulties... i think that would a shame, the controls and camera are this way because it is the best way to make the most of the game. It worth giving it a shot till the basics are down.

But on the other hand i feel sympathy for persons with a handicap that really makes impossible to play the intended way. I hope some kind of mid term solution can be reached so you can fully enjoy the game. I wouldn't be against a mod that do what you request.

Mailamea

Thanks for the reply.

I do like the difficulty and understand its mean to be played this way. I really do, give the feel of foot work and momentum being worked out by yourself.

But yeah cursed by this handicap its kinda hard to cope with, i really do hope an alternate control can get implemented, even if it makes the game harder like more enemies harder loot but with typical WASD movement

attila16

The way you should conceive the controls is that your mouse circle is the Sun. W get you closer to it, S get your further from it.

When you move your mouse around, it change the trajectory you go toward.

In combat you nearly never touch A and D unless you want to stay somewhere with light have a table on the way, etc. As for long distance movement just hold the right mouse button to run around.

So usually if you want to attack, you move forward. If you don't want to attack, you can stay still, but moving back usual a good idea and you set your trajectory with the mouse.

Mailamea

The way you should conceive the controls is that your mouse circle is the Sun. W get you closer to it, S get your further from it.

When you move your mouse around, it change the trajectory you go toward.

In combat you nearly never touch A and D unless you want to stay somewhere with light have a table on the way, etc. As for long distance movement just hold the right mouse button to run around.

So usually if you want to attack, you move forward. If you don't want to attack, you can stay still, but moving back usual a good idea and you set your trajectory with the mouse.
I mostly use A and D for strafing very useful, and specially when i'm getting pinned near the wall.

Murf

Yes I use A D along with W to get a good diag attack, allows me to hit them in the back of the legs, neck, etc.

There simply should be different options for control. There is no hard or easy mode. This game seems to attract people from different game backgrounds. Why can't everyone just use their preferred control mode?

There simply should be different options for control. There is no hard or easy mode. This game seems to attract people from different game backgrounds. Why can't everyone just use their preferred control mode?
If the devs spent all their time working on new control modes, the game would never get finished. It's hard enough as is, to work with a standard mouse and keyboard.

konggary

But different controls do make it easy or hard.
Dark Souls is rather infamous for its control scheme on keyboard+mouse, while it works wonderfully with a controller. Playing an RTS with a controller has got to be incredibly frustrating as well.

I'm not trying to say that "other controls schemes are wrong", but taking the time to implement and polish additional ways to play would be detracting from creating more content for the game.

It took me a dozen hours to get a grasp of how the controls work, and from what I've seen it's just unique enough that different people comprehend & learn it in different ways.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.