*SPOILERS* Weird sword *SPOILERS*

Stokviz

Supporter
weird sword.jpg

Found this weird two-handed sword at dungeon level 3. I'd wonder if anyone found this and if they think it's better/worse than the regular two-handed sword if we're talking gameplay, or mastercrafted/magical if we're talking lore.

Last edited:

-Tim-

Insider
As far as I know and have tested, it's faster and more damaging than the 'regular', badly crafted two-handed sword, but not noticeably better than the well-crafted two-handed sword. It looks cool, though.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Putting the image in a spoiler tag would be nice. ;d

The sword is nice, i haven't used it much but i one shotted the proctor once with it.

Look up Terminus Est. It's from a book series but the blade was described as having no tip and it was hollowed, filled with mercury so that it's balance would shift as you swung it. Not sure if coincidence lol

Mikodzi

Insider
Look up Terminus Est. It's from a book series but the blade was described as having no tip and it was hollowed, filled with mercury so that it's balance would shift as you swung it. Not sure if coincidence lol
It sure is Terminus Est - Madoc almost confirmed it =)

Iscandar

As far as I know and have tested, it's faster and more damaging than the 'regular', badly crafted two-handed sword, but not noticeably better than the well-crafted two-handed sword. It looks cool, though.
It's weighs a bit more than the one with the large crossguard. Even though slash damage is the same (?), weight contributes to the force of the weapon on impact, which from my experience, makes it easier to hit for full damage rather than partial. Also, that extra force makes it easier to knock enemies down, especially on headshots. I'd still say that the wide crossguard sword is better because of its length, but there's still the other combat techniques that haven't been implemented yet which might make the difference.

It's weighs a bit more than the one with the large crossguard. Even though slash damage is the same (?), weight contributes to the force of the weapon on impact, which from my experience, makes it easier to hit for full damage rather than partial. Also, that extra force makes it easier to knock enemies down, especially on headshots. I'd still say that the wide crossguard sword is better because of its length, but there's still the other combat techniques that haven't been implemented yet which might make the difference.
Well, what we know so far, stabbing and thrusting won't be of any use. The sword has no tip... Perhaps if limbs or something can be severed or cut through in this game, the sword will have increased ability to damage by cutting through your oppenent's flesh better than other weapons would.

NachoDawg

I strongely prefer the 2hander with a large cross-guard. The range of the magic sword is shorter and the range of the longer 2handers just matter so much so often

J.G. Elmslie

Insider

I actually made that sword myself and I was not aware at the time that executioner's swords or indeed Terminus Est are flat tipped. I just thought it was a good way to make it look different from a typical sword and it sort of made sense for how the sword behaves.
I'm not even going to start trying to explain the technical problems a mercury filled sword would actually entail in reality.... :D

So, we have the sword get changed stats to be heavier, and be heavy enough to cause your character to stumble, but can 1 hit?

tiny lampe

Insider
So, we have the sword get changed stats to be heavier, and be heavy enough to cause your character to stumble, but can 1 hit?
No; we have a weapon that is as balanced as a sword and yet generates as much momentum as a warhammer. That of course shouldn't normally be possible but that's why it's a magical weapon after all.

-Tim-

Insider
No; we have a weapon that is as balanced as a sword and yet generates as much momentum as a warhammer. That of course shouldn't normally be possible but that's why it's a magical weapon after all.
What makes you think it's magical?

The sword was described to be quite physical/mechanical already, what makes it magical? The mercury ball-bearings within is strange, but can certiantly be done.

Last edited:

NachoDawg

The sword was described to be quite physical/mechanical already, what makes it magical? The mercury within is strange, but can certiantly be done.
You actually have zero evidence that there's mercury in there, or that it's qualities are results of a technical/mechanical feature. Madoc did just say that he did not use Terminus Est as inspiration, so all we have to go on now is that it's magical according to the description.

I would almost say that considering the sword works in-game, and a mercury-filled sword definitely wouldn't work in real life, we can be more certain the sword is magical, not mechanical

You actually have zero evidence that there's mercury in there, or that it's qualities are results of a technical/mechanical feature. Madoc did just say that he did not use Terminus Est as inspiration, so all we have to go on now is that it's magical according to the description.

I would almost say that considering the sword works in-game, and a mercury-filled sword definitely wouldn't work in real life, we can be more certain the sword is magical, not mechanical
The sword was described to be quite physical/mechanical already, what makes it magical? The mercury Ball-bearingns or whatever else within is strange, but can certiantly be done.
Better? There still isn't much going for the magic side of this. You also have zero evidence this sword is magic.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.