Exanima 0.5.2 Released

Pancakez54

Insider
The weapon swinging has broken a bit, it seems. Smaller hits with less velocity do more damage than they did before. Don't know if this is intentional, but to me it seems like a bad thing.

Also, holding down the attack button for two swings makes the character step forward when standing still. I think that's been around for a while, though.

Ketobor

Overall movement seems like a substantial improvement. There are some problems, but its less problems than the previous system had. Things generally seem more organic, and the range of possibility has increased. This is all good.

I expected it mentioned that weapon swinging has changed substantially, but perhaps that was implied. I feel this is overall for the best. A major problem is that the AI no longer knows how to swing as well. There will need to be tweaks.

Khalid

Just got this game last night and I love the combat. Love how it has solid applications for range and timing during combat. Love that you can parry, block and jam enemy strikes. Love how relative position and movement really count in this game. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you will be doing with this game in the future :)

NachoDawg

Im sure there's a pretty great culture in this community of patience, but it has been almost 4 weeks. Any news coming along soon?

Vold

Insider
After 0.5.1, they said that the next patch (0.5.2) was going to contain skill progression and other stuff, but that changed and priorized first to add an improvement to the animation and movement (which was great). 0.5.2 was released 6 days ago, and I am not sure when the next patch is going to be added (Probably 1 - 2 weeks after 0.5.2).

I am also very excited about the next patch, but I guess that for now we have to wait for them to do the work. The patch will arrive when it's done, hopefully within a week+1 day, if nothing goes wrong.

Edit: Insiders haven't seen the beta of the patch yet, so I don't expect to see the official patch released this week.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is a daft observation, cos I'm still new here :)

Is it me, or is there a substantial difference in how the game plays when you switch between "hold" and "double tap" to dash? I'd always used "double tap" mode . Tried "hold" last night and it feels like a completely different game... you're more mobile, it's harder to control your swings, but you have much more potential to put some oomph into each strike - and to step around your opponent. This in arena mode, btw.

Madoc

Project Lead
Apologies if this is a daft observation, cos I'm still new here :)

Is it me, or is there a substantial difference in how the game plays when you switch between "hold" and "double tap" to dash? I'd always used "double tap" mode . Tried "hold" last night and it feels like a completely different game... you're more mobile, it's harder to control your swings, but you have much more potential to put some oomph into each strike - and to step around your opponent. This in arena mode, btw.
The steps and dashes themselves are the same but if it affects your timing and how you play it can have a huge effect, the exact interaction of momentum in your swings and body can really change how your character moves and swings.

That said there are some other notable differences as it is. Hold to dash allows dashing diagonally and rapidly changing direction before you fully commit to a step/dash which double tap does not.

OddSpierce

I've always thought of the double tap to dash as being more responsive, though that could just be observational bias. However, if holding allows for more intricate behaviour I'll just have to retrain myself.

Murf

I've always thought of the double tap to dash as being more responsive, though that could just be observational bias. However, if holding allows for more intricate behavior I'll just have to retrain myself.
There are times when I prefer the dbl tap as well, since holding seems to shoot me past the point I want to go to, even just single tap ,when holding is my selected option, moves me too far. But I like to be able to move diagonally so I try to compensate for the over stepping by adjusting in the opposite direction before making the lunge.

*Also, we need to quit bumping this thread, everytime I clcik on new posts and see a thread stared by Madoc with "Exanima 0.5. Released

in the title I get all exciting for a split second, till I see the 2 :p

There are times when I prefer the dbl tap as well, since holding seems to shoot me past the point I want to go to, even just single tap ,when holding is my selected option, moves me too far. But I like to be able to move diagonally so I try to compensate for the over stepping by adjusting in the opposite direction before making the lunge.

*Also, we need to quit bumping this thread, everytime I clcik on new posts and see a thread stared by Madoc with "Exanima 0.5. Released

in the title I get all exciting for a split second, till I see the 2 :p
Same here hahaha (and now im guilty :))

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.