Slow-Motion in Arena? Thaumaturgy!?!?!?!?

Okay, so, I've been thoroughly enjoying the recent update and orgasming all over the new gear, jackets especially!
When I hopped on today, I went into an elimination match on Adept, which is the first time I've ever actually hit this rank (embarassingly) with 168 hours logged lol. Anyways, I noticed a new arena which I hadn't ever played in; the one that's shaped like a circle with rocks flanking each side and wooden spikes lined along the walls. Y'know, that one. So, as the battle started, I noticed something a little funny... I threw a swing, and it went in seemingly slow motion! At first, I assumed it was my frame rate, but it wasn't 'glitching' out or lagging, it ran rather smoothly. I've been having alot of fun with it, actually, but I just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this, uhhh... 'addition'?

Just to clarify, this is the only dungeon it ever happens in. I may just be dumb and it's actually low frame rates loll

Last edited:
I just witnessed this myself. did you complete the story mode? i suspected it was somehow connected, as i was playing arena all day, switched to story mode and completed it, then went back to arena and saw this new arena.

anyhow, its def not thaumaturgy. the arena isnt fully optimized it seems. if you zoom out, the slow motion gets more intense. when fully zoomed in the speed seems normal (for me at least)

edit: the arena in question looks like this, for others who may not know what were talking about:

I just witnessed this myself. did you complete the story mode? i suspected it was somehow connected, as i was playing arena all day, switched to story mode and completed it, then went back to arena and saw this new arena.

anyhow, its def not thaumaturgy. the arena isnt fully optimized it seems. if you zoom out, the slow motion gets more intense. when fully zoomed in the speed seems normal (for me at least)
I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I was kidding about the thaumaturgy ha. Anyways, I haven't 'completed' the story, but I have gotten to the final level in the previous update. I haven't really touched it in a while, so that leads me to think there's not a connection.

edit: also, thanks for providing the picture

Jimmini

Insider
If there really is thaumaturgy involved, then it comes from Madoc himself. He probably possesses some obscure programming power with which he made the rendering to be independent of the physics. For example, if you make a big pile of objects, sooner or later all kinematics slow down but everything else (even dragging objects) stays smooth as silk. I don't believe that any other game does this, but it's fucking genius. Hail the master!

Last edited:
If there really is thaumaturgy involved, then it comes from Madoc himself. He probably possesses some obscure programming power with which he made the rendering to be independent of the physics. For example, if you make a big pile of objects, sooner or later all kinematics slow down but everything else (even dragging objects) stays smooth as silk. I don't believe that any other game does this, but it's fucking genius. Hail the master!
I really have no idea when it comes to things like that, but I can understand it to a degree where I recognize it as obviously very sophisticated and a clever way to make things operate. Amazing 8)

Cilcain

I quite enjoyed this slow-down while it lasted since it let me see exactly what was going on during a fight. Not that I'd want to play that way, but it could make a good practice mode perhaps?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.