Wounds, Limbs and Gore

BlackCore

Insider
This is my first post so would like to say am now a firm preacher of this game and its development, I think it’s great the developers went on their own and not behind an industry franchise which probably ruin and steal the game ideas and development for themselves. I’ve also been waiting on this style of game which is more true to real nature and will back it with my hard earned money.

NOW TO BUSINESS

I’ve always enjoyed gore in games, it’s not a sick fantasy just enjoyable when swinging a sword and witnessing limbs falling off. (I know this may just contradict what I’ve said) Carmageddon was the only game I enjoyed for mindless gore and it’s (at the time it was made) dynamic driver portrait syncing with the day you drove.

My question will be simple… will there be gore and limbs falling off?

I’ve also got many ideas like character scaring / bruising that would be visual and heal over time, combat with missing limbs or having prosthetics (keeping to its time of course like a peg leg) and physical limits like fatigue and effects of wounds (“I use to be an adventurer then I took an arrow to knee”).

That’s it for now more to come if this is viable.

Humblerbee

Insider
Hi Blackcore, welcome to the community! Glad to see another enthusiastic supporter. Yes, gore and dismemberment will be implemented. Here's a quote from one of the devs,

We will definitely have blood in our game and almost certainly dismemberment. Weapons will get lodged into other characters as well as shields and possibly other things. This should all work very well with our physics!

BlackCore

Insider
Topic = Character missing limbs, scaring, bruising, wounds, fatigue and healing over time

As stated before I want to elaborate on this little more and get some opinions.

This shouldn't be hard to understand scaring is simple… get cut deep enough get a scar, bruising is the same concept, fatigue is getting tired (stamina) or cuts and wounds taking there toil.

Healing on the other hand… could this be fast (natural) healing, using spells or med kit?

Losing limbs may be good for ideas but would it be worth adding into game if it’s a bothersome, as an example my character is wounded and missing an arm and am somewhat surrounded… f**k it just reload game and try again and I will have 2 arms again.

Maybe losing limbs may add a bonus, like my previous idea of using prosthetics (having a metal arm can be used as a weapon or reduce stamina/fatigue).

Being wounded may cripple you but increases awareness making the character play defensively (a wounded dog can still bite).

Opinions would be great.

The team has already said they wish for gore and such to be added in. This is not to say it is a bad idea, just that it has been fairly confirmed, I recommend you use the search bar before you make threads; I myself find it very helpful.

I think that if you lose a limb that is game over, it is near impossible to survive long without near immediate medical help in the modern world; in the middle ages it was pretty much a death sentence (even with medical assistance.) Prosthetic's would also not fit with the world at all, and somehow making them an improvement seems like it would just encourage the player to go running around having their arms chopped off.

hredthel

Insider
The team has already said they wish for gore and such to be added in. This is not to say it is a bad idea, just that it has been fairly confirmed, I recommend you use the search bar before you make threads; I myself find it very helpful.

I think that if you lose a limb that is game over, it is near impossible to survive long without near immediate medical help in the modern world; in the middle ages it was pretty much a death sentence (even with medical assistance.) Prosthetic's would also not fit with the world at all, and somehow making them an improvement seems like it would just encourage the player to go running around having their arms chopped off.
Dismemberment does not have to apply to a character: this is not DnD. Broken limbs are a very realistic option though, and I think while a bit cheap: it's a good cover up for needing to explain why your character would be missing an arm. I don't think they make any potions that fix that :D

Madoc

Project Lead
"Healing potions" beyond perhaps something that might slightly improve your natural gradual recovery definitely have no place in this game. Also remember this is essentially a low fantasy setting...

As for dismemberment our idea is that while it might not kill instantly it would still kill pretty quickly. Not something you can recover from.

Psychomorph

Insider
"Healing potions" beyond perhaps something that might slightly improve your natural gradual recovery definitely have no place in this game. Also remember this is essentially a low fantasy setting...
Sometimes I read your posts and wonder if you are serious or just making fun of us. *speaking of too good to be true*

hredthel

Insider

As for dismemberment our idea is that while it might not kill instantly it would still kill pretty quickly. Not something you can recover from.
But... But... It's just a flesh wound!

Rob

You can survive dismemberment, no problems. Just... might not be on top form for a bit. When playing football, favour the other leg, etc. etc.

------------
Perkins!!! What's all the trouble then?
Bitten, sir. During the night.
Hmmm. Whole leg gone, eh?
Yes.
How does it feel?
Stings a bit.
Hmmm. Well it would, wouldn't it. That's quite a bite you've got there, you know.
Yes. Beauty, isn't it.
Any idea how it happened?
None whatsoever - complete mystery to me!
5410214810_b242b11427.jpg

Sorry dude but if you are dismembered in a medieval setting you are rather boned. You would be losing massive amounts of blood, be in immense amounts of pain, it would be a miracle if you could even move. Once you get past that, and somehow get to a surgeon, you then have to deal with massive amounts of infection after it is sewn up.

Sorry dude but if you are dismembered in a medieval setting you are rather boned. You would be losing massive amounts of blood, be in immense amounts of pain, it would be a miracle if you could even move. Once you get past that, and somehow get to a surgeon, you then have to deal with massive amounts of infection after it is sewn up.

Rob

Well if you got your tongue chopped off, you still would bleed to death. Sorry mate.
tongue-in-cheek (t
ng
n-ch
k
)
adj.
Meant or expressed ironically or facetiously.
tongue-in-cheek - cleverly amusing in tone; "a bantering tone"; "facetious remarks"; "tongue-in-cheek advice"
;)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.