Recent content by Happycrow

1. H

Lindybeige Educates you on Medieval Warfare

Most fantasy combat becomes basically a case of "human goes squish" if made realistic. Think about it. I have perfect proportion and average height (6'180 in Imperial terms). It is literally more fair for me to fight Mike Tyson or Lou Ferrigno than it would be for me to fight a six-year-old...
  2. H

Lindybeige Educates you on Medieval Warfare

I'm a medieval weapons and warfare expert (yes, in RL: my articles are required reading at some colleges). So I like the material culture of my fantasy to be seriously realistic and regularly "consult" with guys doing arms and armor stuff. On the other hand, my wife really likes her "axes that...
  3. H

Persistant Worlds?

So far, "Word of God" says no or at least "not far enough along to consider," but instanced worlds where people might play via LAN (or some connector service) seems to be in the cards, and that's potentially close. There are business models that would support doing this and I'd be all over it...
  4. H

Fan Servers?

As a long-time modder (and game balancer, and texture geek, keyframe animator, half-clueless 3d modeller, and all the other stuff that comes with that), I am definitely hoping that such a thing comes along. There are business models which can support it, and support it well (nwn is probably the...
  5. H

SUI: Game or Game Engine?

I'll be perfectly honest, as a guy who's a roleplayer and VERY heavy modder of another (badly-antiquated, horribly-coded) system: if ALL it was turned out to be a kick-ass engine with powerful "instancing" tools...I'd be thrilled. Because right now, most of the engines out there are ancient...
  6. H

Armor vs No armor

Depends. Do they have archers?
  7. H

Weapons and Armors

And he's wearing his vambraces in the Italian style, but his elbow cops in the French. Which is... wacky. o_O If layering is going to be a thing, that argues somewhat in favor of a 13th/early-14th-century aesthetic, with gambeson and cuirie variations (possibly early, Kussnach-style coats of...
  8. H

Weapons and Armors

You're "preaching to the choir" there, Zaratan Cho. I'm actually a medieval milhist nerd when I'm not in my gaming life. Adolescent takes on armor have always broken immersion instantly for me.
  9. H

Weapons and Armors

As a modder (and a guy who's hot both to see what kind of story SG comes up with *and* to play in their toolboxes), I can't tell you how much time I've spent in 3dsmax converting "boob plates" into breastplates, etcetera, at the request of gals who are also gamers and have bruised foreheads from...
  10. H

environment design

Hi! New here and missed the kickstarter campaign, sadly. I agree with Zool, and really like the more naturalistic terrain. I'm a modder who works hard to make his own settings less video-gamey, and what I'm seeing so far looks GREAT.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.