Trapped in a room by zombies.

On 3 separate occasions I've been trapped in a small room due to zombies being pressed up against the door. The first couple of times I just started over but this last time I actually got pretty far in the campaign (by my standards, only level 2 :p) and it kinda rustled my jimmies. It's always when I'm being chased and shut the door behind me, I'll stand around and wait for like 10 or 15 minutes and the zombies are still there, the door won't even begin to open because they're pressed up right against it. The last time I actually exited the campaign, logged on the next day, hit continue and tried to open the door again. It actually cracked open and I was able to see FIVE zombies all waiting outside for me. But then of course the zombie shut the door as it started swinging and going crazy, leaving me trapped still.

Maybe increase the force of an opening door so that it can push enemies out of the way, or make it so when you dash in combat mode towards a door, the character like, shoves it open forcefully. The latter would be great and would add realism IMO.

Murf

Hmm just had this happen to me tonight, on level 3, went to the back of the room, beat on some terra cotta for about 20 secs, went back to the door, one was gone, other was near the door but allowed me to open it a smidge then just barreled through it.

RobG

Insider
Pretty sure deactivating then activating combat mode elsewhere in the room can cause them to move. Worked for me a couple of times at least.

Zotis

If you exit and then continue they drop agro. Then no matter how many zombies there are you can open it a little and run through. Even if you can't open it enough to fit through, if you open it a crack and quickly run forward you will be able to push the zombies back since they won't be pushing on the door. I have done this several times with at least 3 zombies against the door. In fact I did not even need to log out and go back in except once when the room I was trapped in was too small.

Hope that helps. :)

I have also had this happen to me, I've never had to log out. My method is to be in combat mode, open the door a cracked and strike the door while pushing forward on it, the undead always seems to give some way, it is possible it is "looking" to see what's going on as you strike and at that moment is not actively pressing up against the door.it sometimes takes a few tries but I have never been trapped for more than a minute. I can also wander around the room to give it time to drop aggro or go away.

Murf

Yeah just last night the two against the door were quite pissed, had no budge to the door at all, only happens rarely when I can't budge the door, but walking around for a little bit allowed them to calm down and give me a little space. Me smashing the door with the maul probably did not help their disposition, but oh well.

Zotis

Okay so I got a friend to try the game and he got trapped in the toilets near the compass with that aggressive green zombie constantly barrelling into the door. Neither of us could get out because the door wouldn't even open a crack. Not even logging out would drop the aggro. It looks like their are some situations where you can't get out no matter what.

No just try swinging against the door then try to open it a crack, then as your body is pressing against it press shift to sprint into the door.

Zotis

Swing against the door even though I can't even open it a crack? I'll have to try it tomorrow.

Zotis

I think it depends on the individual zombie. They seem to have different agro ranges based on their aggression.

NachoDawg

How long do you wait? I've seriously left my game idle for like, 15 minutes, in non-combat mode, and still the door wouldn't budge.
Never very long. Less than a minute. This thread is making me think im doing something special without thinking about it haha

Cooper Holt

Insider
Has this really not yet been fixed? I have no way of getting out of this small room, and this is the furthest I've ever gotten.
First time in months I decide to play, and I get trapped by one zombie within ten minutes of starting. Just my luck, I guess

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.