Search results

1. R

Exanima's combat: Strangely suitable for VR?

OK, I now actually own a Vive and have played around with various melee combat games with it. I STILL think Exanima/Sui Generis would be absolutely fantastic in VR, especially after seeing some very disappointing fantasy games *cough* Vanishing realms *cough*. I do however write this knowing...
  2. R

Historical techniques and Exanima

Thought I'd bump this with a little anecdote regarding the whole putting the offhand behind your back thing: I just watched a hireling of mine fight an (expert level) duel in which she hit her sword-with-no-offhand-weapon opponent in the (unarmored!) left hand three times! Poor opponent, if only...
  3. R

Thoughts and Ideas General

More a thought than an idea, but the new armours are IMO way better looking than the old stuff. The newer stuff is generally sleek and form-fitting (as good armour had to be by necessity), the old items by comparison look bulky and include mistakes the newer gear avoids, for example plate...
  4. R

I very strongly hope you're not serious with that Lars Andersen rubbish.
  5. R

I thought I'd give this a bump after some more research and deliberation. My view that Exanima could suit VR very well is still unchanged. The simple fact that I often have over 200fps in Exanima is already a fantastic indicator that it would run fantastically even with VR, but after looking up...
  6. R

From what I understand there's improved anims, dual wielding and a new shield skill that lets you block while attacking.
  7. R

Spear and shield

I thought we need a thread about spear and shield combat, and how (and if?) it may be implemented in the future. It's is a weapon combo that is really badly represented in almost every game that features it. Take one of the worst offenders, the Mount & Blade games, as an example. Using spear...
  8. R

Hey, just thought I'd chime in with some equipment I think would be well suited to the game, as they would suit the general aesthetic, add variety and even have a minor effect on gameplay. So here are 3 items that I suggest: 1. Kettle hats The simple kettle hat is one of my favorite types of...
  9. R

The Exanima Videos & Screenshots Thread

I found a new way to stay safe from Sir:
  10. R

OK, this may sound crazy, but bear with me here: Exanima's physics based combat system might be ideal for roomscale VR. Picture this: You're in VR with motion controllers, first person view. Your controllers control your hands/weapons as expected, but sort of indirectly. Your real life...
  11. R

Suggestion: Sandbox Arena

Just a quick suggestion, a fun "toy" mode could be to have a sandbox arena where you place down people, equip them with damn near any item you want, assign them teams, (optionally) take control of one and have them fight to the death. Basically like the Object Testing Arena in Dwarf Fortress...
  12. R

Yeah, it's in the public test branch, it's pretty cool.
  13. R

If you look at the thrust animation for two handed swords it already is a form of half-swording, it's performed pretty much like the way the dude on the left is thrusting.
  14. R

Idea on making combat even cooler

Well, in theory the longer you hold the button the longer the windup, the bigger the arc of the attack or so.
  15. R

I was thinking, perhaps one way to improve the combat would be to take inspiration from history, and how we know people actually used the weapons involved in Exanima/Sui Generis. For example, when wielding a 1 handed weapon with nothing in the offhand, you could have the wielder hold their...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.