6.0.3 has very buggy savegames for me.

EDIT: Just saw that I'm on version 6.0.3 -> Gonna activate that beta button on steam and see if that changes things.

So this problem started yesterday for some reason..not sure why.

After properly exiting the game and going back into the game after a few hours of break a dead character had returned to life.
Out of curiosity I played her once...let her die on purpose and deleted her. (I still had a more up to date character active)
After that my global XP bar was reset to 0.

When I wanted to go into Arena mode I had noticed that all my progress had been deleted as well.

Thinking that it might be harddrive related I ran a check on my two SSDs...no problem at all.

I reinstalled the game.

After exiting after my FIRST character on the account had died and I had done some Arena...I exit the game. I restart it..and VOILA...my Arena progress still seems to be there...just that my character is entirely NAKED now. (Not sure if that one is intended or not)

My first character has also returned back to the world of the living...although about 20 minutes of progress had been lost (still first level).

I'm scared that once she dies again my global XP will be wiped again...I am really not sure what causes this...but it makes the game rather unplayable for me as progress will not properly save on my PC anymore.

Madoc

Project Lead
It sounds like your .set file got corrupted, this stores your global xp and also in what order your character appear in the continue screen. Someone was having this issue when their computer was unstable and kept crashing, but we never did figure out why it was affecting his set file. It's possible that a crash or force-quitting the game might cause this at certain times. If this does happen again please try to remember what the last thing that happened before the error occured was.

After upgrading to 6.1 this issue has vanished for me.

At some point my game DID freeze and I had to force reboot my PC since I couldn't exit the game no matter what. After the freeze a dead characte returned...but my global XP was still there. After this dead character dying again everything was messed up. All progress was wiped and the savegame would not work again. I even wiped the savedata itself clean to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

(Some freeze info: Sound was still running and I could still talk on skype, but the screen was 100% frozen and I could not even get into the task menu, Windows 10)

Luckily 6.1 came to the rescue. Not only did it not freeze...all gameplay is being saved as it should be.

Also mad props for the performance increase. First room on 6.0.3 was giving me 50-60 fps. First room on 6.1 gives me 65-80 fps. ^^.

SHOULD I run across this issue again I will try to record anything that I can record. But you might have accidentally fixed it.
On steam I ran into another fella that also said he had the same problem of data being wiped after gamefreezes. He knew that his PC was messed up, though. I have no idea about your game structure...but since the game constantly saves just like Dark Souls 2...a freeze might POSSIBLY corrupt the entire savegame infrastructure? Either way...I'm glad this didn't happen again.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.