A bit of autism about rolles, balance and character anatomy justice.

Syllabear3

I still seeing this and kinda piss me really off... max str characters handling heavy weapons very slow. They have enough strength to handle heavy stuff ( like heavy armors, mace, poles), yet they seem to strugle like the weakest character would (and should) struggle because of the lack of muscle.

It totally makes no sense. More muscles= better heavy weapon/armor handling, powerful blows but slow in actions etc. Smallest and weaker= faster, silent, more reflex etc.
Just making an example: a tall and skinny character would be nice for long bows. He will be fast reloading arrows and tall/strong enough for long bows.
You will be rolling with your character with clases, without even having them (wont work too much in arena but yes if sui generis is released as rpg).

I think this seriously needs to change because its like a joke that the smallest and weakest character can handle a mace much better than a stronger one.

Another thing that is really bothering me is that hits on the head with maces have absolutly no effects (using stronger, tallest and fatest char for fun right now). Enemies hit by it are like "oh he got me in the head, i can still going lol". Like a hard slap and you are ready to keep going... not even falling on the ground.

I think it is time to start adding effects to weapons like: slash= bleeding, impact= disable, stun, dizzy... etc.
Poisons for assassin style characters, you name them.

Pc Genie

More muscles= better heavy weapon/armor handling, powerful blows but slow in actions etc. Smallest and weaker= faster, silent, more reflex etc.
Indeed, an excellent concept. Heavier slugger wielding heftier weapons better vs speedier light characters.

Perhaps the fat or thin scale could act as health/resistance vs speed additionally.

Just making an example: a tall and skinny character would be nice for long bows. He will be fast reloading arrows and tall/strong enough for long bows.
Bad example. You need to be strong to wield decent bow. If anything close combatants would be weaker but quicker (though still fit and tough).

As for bleeding and stunning effects, those would be good in later updates as well. I think knockdowns should be reserved for most, er, 'critical hits' so to speak. I knock down people with heavier weapons upon well executed hits consistently so the mechanic seems to be there at least.

By the way, as someone who is himself Autistic (specifically Asperger's syndrome), that was a f***ing insulting title choice.

Last edited:
By the way, as someone who is himself Autistic (specifically Asperger's syndrome), that was a f***ing insulting title choice.
On the internet, especially -chan forums "autism" means being either very nitpicky or specific about an issue or topic. Don't take it personally. and I don't.

MrApophos

On the internet, especially -chan forums "autism" means being either very nitpicky or specific about an issue or topic. Don't take it personally. and I don't.
And in reality, it's still a bad choice. How can you expect someone personally affected to not take it personally?

What a let-down.

Syllabear3

Use what?

Indeed, an excellent concept. Heavier slugger wielding heftier weapons better vs speedier light characters.

Perhaps the fat or thin scale could act as health/resistance vs speed additionally.
Yeah, just copying real life physics.

Bad example. You need to be strong to wield decent bow. If anything close combatants would be weaker but quicker (though still fit and tough).
Tall people is strong, because they have largest muscles more than a tiny person... meanwhile exagerated muscles make you massive strong and slow you. I think is not wrong.
Let's say that a stronger person can draw bows easily, but they will reload arrows slower.

As for bleeding and stunning effects, those would be good in later updates as well. I think knockdowns should be reserved for most, er, 'critical hits' so to speak. I knock down people with heavier weapons upon well executed hits consistently so the mechanic seems to be there at least.
I was too entusiast, maybe this wont get added because its just a game. But having "real combat" (as much as posible) in a game would be amazing.

BY THE WAY, AS SOMEONE WHO IS HIMSELF VIRGIN (SPECIFICALLY NEVER FU CKED SYNDROME), USING THE WORD FU CKING IS FUCKING INSULTING CHOICE OF WORD.

Last edited:

Syllabear3

And in reality, it's still a bad choice. How can you expect someone personally affected to not take it personally?

What a let-down.
Well, my mother died with cancer, my father has cancer. It almost destroyed my life, but the word cancer is widely used both in real life and internet-media.
What most piss me off is the "cancer awareness", where they dont aknowledge what causes it and the proper threatments. Now thats straight laughing at your face.

Should i get offended or just keep with my life? Should i get ofended with every step i do or just keep with my things? Should i get offended when people talk about x thing and im been bullied my early years of life or i it is time i grow a pair how i just did and stop caring so much about what others say?
I think its seriously time to stop this "im offended" autism, is not funny and gives me cancer.

Sorry if you just been joking.

ps: autism in this tittle is meant to say "im so focused in my thoughts that i dont care about anything else and spit it no matter what".
I didnt mean to offend i dont care about him or his life.

Last edited:

CharliePow

Aside from all the blah blah, archers were probably had the strongest upper body strength of anyone on the battlefield because they had to pull and hold 120+ pound warbows. I also don't think that having a strong build would make you any slower realistically. It would be nice if every character started very weak and then progressed in strength/endurance the more you fought/ran/did anything physical.

As for concussive blows to the head, I agree it should have some sort of stun/disable effect. I'm sure it will be added to the game in the near future.

Syllabear3

Aside from all the blah blah, archers were probably had the strongest upper body strength of anyone on the battlefield because they had to pull and hold 120+ pound warbows. I also don't think that having a strong build would make you any slower realistically. It would be nice if every character started very weak and then progressed in strength/endurance the more you fought/ran/did anything physical.

As for concussive blows to the head, I agree it should have some sort of stun/disable effect. I'm sure it will be added to the game in the near future.
Maybe not much, but it would be nice for game balance.

And about character progression, it would be nice to add stats to make your character grow stronger. You would be able to put a limit like 50/100 would be like the default slide we see now.
I think it would be more rpg with that kind of progression instead of going full nuke in the character creation.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.