A silly physics based game while you wait for SG

Empire²

Insider
I wouldn't say it's empty as far as features & content goes. I played quite a bit of this after finding it on Greenlight about a week ago, and it's more enjoyable to me than Nidhogg or Towerfall. They're constantly looking for more map ideas, and have been working away at Streets Of Rage-esque four player-coop levels, filled with AI enemies & objects to be used in your attack. They're also doing work on more moves, such as headbutts, and healthbars for those of us who prefer beating our adversaries into a pulp.

They also made a handful of demos/prototypes using the same engine, including a physics-based Flappy Bird-clone and platformer.

Flappy Beasts:

Grim Beasts:

As simple and fun as the game is/looks, I would treat it like more than your average time-killer. It has a lot of potential to become the next, indie-fied Super Smash Brothers. Regarding the lack of features and content, it's still in a very, very early stage of development. Not to invalidate your opinions, but I feel like saying you could play it while waiting for SG, only to throw it away afterwards, is selling this game short completely. It may not have incredible, historically-accurate settings and a fully fleshed mêlée combat system the way Sui Generis does, but it's very clearly on its way to become a lot more than a free, downloadable game à la generic Ludum Dare entry.

Fawz

Insider
I wouldn't say it's empty as far as features & content goes. I played quite a bit of this after finding it on Greenlight about a week ago, and it's more enjoyable to me than Nidhogg or Towerfall. They're constantly looking for more map ideas, and have been working away at Streets Of Rage-esque four player-coop levels, filled with AI enemies & objects to be used in your attack. They're also doing work on more moves, such as headbutts, and healthbars for those of us who prefer beating our adversaries into a pulp.

As simple and fun as the game is/looks, I would treat it like more than your average time-killer. It has a lot of potential to become the next, indie-fied Super Smash Brothers. Regarding the lack of features and content, it's still in a very, very early stage of development. Not to invalidate your opinions, but I feel like saying you could play it while waiting for SG, only to throw it away afterwards, is selling this game short completely. It may not have incredible, historically-accurate settings and a fully fleshed mêlée combat system the way Sui Generis does, but it's very clearly on its way to become a lot more than a free, downloadable game à la generic Ludum Dare entry.
The game does look to be on it's way to becoming a more complete experience and turning into it's own game. I already enjoyed it more than other similar complete games like Nidhogg. But currently the available build of the game has very limited content and features. The devs do have plans to add more (the boss battles look really fun) and they've said that this weekend they would give information on the next build and expected release date.

You're right that the game shouldn't be brushed aside as they have some interesting plans for the future, but in the meantime the available playable build doesn't offer all that much. Which makes sense as it's little more than a demo/prototype.

Minq

Insider
Wow, Thanks for putting this here. I would have totally missed this game otherwise. I don't usually surf the steam greenlight. I love me some physics.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.