After the game ended

Parco

This might be "a little" too soon to discuss and might have been mentioned before and i simply failed to read those posts because of my natural laziness, but what do you guys "think will"/"want to" happen after you finished the game?

In many games the only way to keep playing with the same character is to load an previous save/level/map. And then when the game ended and the credits pops up and after 10 minutes with texts it really is "the end"

In some games (one example is Path of exile) after you completed the main quests and chose end it, you were sent all the way back to the start, keeping your items and xp but had to face much harder enemies

And then we got the type of ending typical for open world games, you can still roam around doing stuff/fighting enemies you probably already defeated even after finishing the game.

Personally i really hope the game doesn't just end, but having it so you can still play as you would before you beat the game (with less possible quests to do and other stuff) it will after a while automatically get boring.

So what i think might be best is a combination of being able to continue to play in the same "world" as you were before you completed the game, but can if you want to, go back to start with the possibility to raise the difficulty of the game world.

Any comments or other ideas for what will happen after you complete the game?
(If the devs already have decided what they want to do just delete this post, then there is rly no point to it)

edit* um, can someone move this post to Gameplay (or anywhere else if it would fit better)? Forgot to go to the gameplay forum before posting XD

Komuflage

Insider
This is pretty much Exactly how it will be, you also get the option to restart whenever you want with your character.

SergeDavid

Insider
After freeing the land from the shadow of evil our hero is paraded through the capital streets and granted honors and banquets every night as the people celebrate their liberation from the shadow. Through the parades from town to town the train of on lookers and celebrations drop off our hero ends up on the front step of a small house in a small village. As he steps through the doorway a woman turns her face from the heart as a dog alerts her of an intruder. The years of worry on her face melts away as she bounds across the small one room dwelling as she flings her arms around our hero. "I'm home." he says, and their meeting was more welcoming then all the capital splendor. Through the next few weeks our hero helped tend the fields, fought off some roaming bandit gangs that started up in the slack, and started taking up a hobby in fishing. Sometime this year a new hero will be born, because one day night will fall and the need for brave deeds from good people will be needed again.

I can imagine the game continuing along its daily life without the overarching plot hanging over it. The dynamic AI should give you plenty of things to do and swaying npc behavior widely one way or another can mix up the mundane day to day events such as having someone decide murder is the best way to buy a chicken. However I do want some simple life things to be possible. Like fishing, just going to a lake and fishing, and then selling your fish at the market. Settling down in a small town and starting a family. Those little touches of small not killing things parts of the game that are added that adds depth to the game will be amazing and fantastic. I mean what else is more rewarding then sitting down with your dog and just fishing next to the river that you've made run red with the battle further up near the fjord where your character can reflect on all that he has been through.

Komuflage

Insider
After freeing the land from the shadow of evil our hero is paraded through the capital streets and granted honors and banquets every night as the people celebrate their liberation from the shadow. Through the parades from town to town the train of on lookers and celebrations drop off our hero ends up on the front step of a small house in a small village. As he steps through the doorway a woman turns her face from the heart as a dog alerts her of an intruder. The years of worry on her face melts away as she bounds across the small one room dwelling as she flings her arms around our hero. "I'm home." he says, and their meeting was more welcoming then all the capital splendor. Through the next few weeks our hero helped tend the fields, fought off some roaming bandit gangs that started up in the slack, and started taking up a hobby in fishing. Sometime this year a new hero will be born, because one day night will fall and the need for brave deeds from good people will be needed again.

I can imagine the game continuing along its daily life without the overarching plot hanging over it. The dynamic AI should give you plenty of things to do and swaying npc behavior widely one way or another can mix up the mundane day to day events such as having someone decide murder is the best way to buy a chicken. However I do want some simple life things to be possible. Like fishing, just going to a lake and fishing, and then selling your fish at the market. Settling down in a small town and starting a family. Those little touches of small not killing things parts of the game that are added that adds depth to the game will be amazing and fantastic. I mean what else is more rewarding then sitting down with your dog and just fishing next to the river that you've made run red with the battle further up near the fjord where your character can reflect on all that he has been through.
Even if I personally don't think this is something to prioritize, I would much love if you could buy a house, go fishing and the like.
It can be fun to take a break from the killing every once in a while and focus on something else.
Fable (1) This this very good, yet simple. You could buy ur house, decorate it, get a wife/husband etc. It also added to the length of the game.

Fawz

Insider
It was indeed mentioned that you can take your character and drop him into another world. With the world not having difficulty scaling it will leave a lot of areas/fights that can't be done the first time around. So in a way that's a new game + mode

The idea is that you create a world instance and a character and yes, you can create new world instances and drop an existing character in. Difficulty scaling is something we're still not entirely sure about but it might take you a few play throughs before you can deal with some really hard fights. It's partly up to you how difficult the game is.

As for being able to play past the 'end' of the story in the world from a previous comment it seems you can keep interacting with the world well past the 'ending'. Though end is a loose term since it seems like the main story is being designed in a way that is not linear with the end being ambiguous.

We want SG to have plausibility running throughout but we have to balance that with a sense of fun. Yes, in theory, on your first play through, you could accidentally knock a boulder off a cliff, inadvertently slaying one of the main antagonists, thus rendering the story arc (pretty much) redundant. This just isn't very likely though, in fact it is highly, extremely, super unlikely. As is your ability to just go about slaying everyone in the SG world. Some areas may contain characters/creatures that are way too much for you to handle even on your second or third play through.
Although having the ability to relax and do mundane tasks like own a house, farm/fish, make friends, ect, sounds pretty cool though I don't think it's a priority for this physics driven action game. Who knows though, depending on how development goes we might see a few extra features by launch and when the game gets popular past launch it might get additional content later on.

Personally, I think with the dynamic AI this game presents, the whole settling down thing would be great. However, I don't think it would have any value to it unless there was some kind of challenge. If the challenge was survival, I'd be happy. But, survival would involve hunger and the likes, which I think would detract from the bulk of the game. So instead, I'd prefer a different game mode, on top of the likely perma death game mode, in which you have nourishment needs. That way, fishing and other similar activities would have value. I ultimately don't actually want any of that though because it would require way too much effort from the team. I'd prefer it if mod support enabled such game modes.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Personally, I think with the dynamic AI this game presents, the whole settling down thing would be great. However, I don't think it would have any value to it unless there was some kind of challenge. If the challenge was survival, I'd be happy. But, survival would involve hunger and the likes, which I think would detract from the bulk of the game. So instead, I'd prefer a different game mode, on top of the likely perma death game mode, in which you have nourishment needs. That way, fishing and other similar activities would have value. I ultimately don't actually want any of that though because it would require way too much effort from the team. I'd prefer it if mod support enabled such game modes.
Didn't they mention not having a food system?

That's my point, I'd like to see these things, but only as an expansion and an option. Otherwise, it would waste development time and detract from the game.

nox

Insider
Although having the ability to relax and do mundane tasks like own a house, farm/fish, make friends, ect, sounds pretty cool.
You could buy ur house, decorate it, get a wife/husband etc..

So basically you guys wanna play The Sims ;P

I think the end game will be fun, trying to find the coolest items, and exploring the rest of the world. If you didn't do everything before you completed the main story.

Komuflage

Insider
So basically you guys wanna play The Sims ;P

I think the end game will be fun, trying to find the coolest items, and exploring the rest of the world. If you didn't do everything before you completed the main story.
If you're gona quote don't put it out of context...
This is what I said "Even if I personally don't think this is something to prioritize, I would much love if you could buy a house, go fishing and the like."

The house decoration and wife is a feature in Fable. I did not ask for it for sui generis.

Personally I prefer if the "end game" is just to restart in NG+ with your old character and the difficulty tuned up.

Parco

why not have the option for both?
i want to keep playing until there is nothing more to do/nothing left to kill and then restart the game :p

Komuflage

Insider
why not have the option for both?
i want to keep playing until there is nothing more to do/nothing left to kill and then restart the game :p
Well that's how it's with the current design.
You can restart in a new world whenever you want. So if you complete the game you can stay in that world instance and continue to explore, or you can crerate a new world and continue with your character (you can even choce to go back to your first world if you'd like)

Fawz

Insider
Well that's how it's with the current design.
You can restart in a new world whenever you want. So if you complete the game you can stay in that world instance and continue to explore, or you can crerate a new world and continue with your character (you can even choce to go back to your first world if you'd like)
Yeah, from reading through Dev quotes I was under the same impression. I think that system works best too, and should make everyone happy.

With a game like Sui Generis, there appear to be only two options.

One is NG+ and the other is end-game free roam.

I like the idea of new game + and I'm sure a lot of other people do too, a lot of people may want to have a chance to appreciate the dynamic and persistent world of the game though.

A good way to negate the issues of each of the endings being implemented instead of the other would be the ending allowing the player to roam the lands freely but also giving them a way to start over as an option rather than a commitment.

Komuflage

Insider
With a game like Sui Generis, there appear to be only two options.

One is NG+ and the other is end-game free roam.

I like the idea of new game + and I'm sure a lot of other people do too, a lot of people may want to have a chance to appreciate the dynamic and persistent world of the game though.

A good way to negate the issues of each of the endings being implemented instead of the other would be the ending allowing the player to roam the lands freely but also giving them a way to start over as an option rather than a commitment.
As it works now, u can create a new world whenever u want. So if you complete the game, u can either continue to free roam, or just create a new world instance and restart in "ng+"

Wrote this 3 post above :p

One thing we haven't addressed is that there likely won't be an win state to the game that would result in a ng+. What I mean is, what differentiates a ng from a ng+ and how would one decide if it should be a ng or a ng+ as there are no completion parameters.

Parco

would be fun if there were no win state but you can start a ng+ any time you want only after you've done a certain quest, maybe a quest where the character learns about himself.
what about also making it possible to start a ng+ only while ingame? maybe only at one certain place where you use your thaumaturgy to send yourself back to the start, keeping only your stats. but this time you dont have to do the quest again if you dont want to as your character now knows about the place and about himself.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.