Alpha & Beta?

Bryn

Insider
There being a seperate alpha tier was the only reason making me hesitate to pledge for this great ambition at all.
I did pledge though, when I saw the game could fail so close before the finish line.
Last time I pledged for a game, it pissed me off SO MUCH seeing all alpha-testers discussing,experimenting and refine ideas and you, as a beta tester stand by and are like "uh.. well yea that sounds like it should be changed... yes this could be a good idea imlying its currently as you say it is.." etc. for months. Its even worse if alpha players are under NDA and its like "no, you can't know anything about the processes inside our secret alpha clan, you can help, when the game is almost ready"
Its like you are excluded from the entire creative process (in beta-stage doesn't change that much usually) even though you pledged to make it happen... which is kind of frustrating.
Well anyway, I hope you won't make beta testers wait for too long, or I'll be really sad. :'C

Rob

There being a seperate alpha tier was the only reason making me hesitate to pledge for this great ambition at all.
I did pledge though, when I saw the game could fail so close before the finish line.
Last time I pledged for a game, it pissed me off SO MUCH seeing all alpha-testers discussing,experimenting and refine ideas and you, as a beta tester stand by and are like "uh.. well yea that sounds like it should be changed... yes this could be a good idea imlying its currently as you say it is.." etc. for months. Its even worse if alpha players are under NDA and its like "no, you can't know anything about the processes inside our secret alpha clan, you can help, when the game is almost ready"
Its like you are excluded from the entire creative process (in beta-stage doesn't change that much usually) even though you pledged to make it happen... which is kind of frustrating.
Well anyway, I hope you won't make beta testers wait for too long, or I'll be really sad. :'C
Isn't that pretty much how it works? Alpha testers help to give feedback and refine ideas, whilst beta testers report any remaining bugs prior to release? A bit black and white, I know, but by the time the beta comes out, the game shouldn't be changed too much unless there are real issues.

JamesButlin

Insider
Should have upped to £40 then ;) Beta testing is (in my experience) helping polishing the game and bug fixing more than anything, you knew what you were getting yourself into! :D

Ritchie

Insider
I think that pretty much answers my question, thankyou Madoc:) As Skybar has asked, I too would like to know about access to the insider Forum?

Bryn

Insider
Isn't that pretty much how it works? Alpha testers help to give feedback and refine ideas, whilst beta testers report any remaining bugs prior to release? A bit black and white, I know, but by the time the beta comes out, the game shouldn't be changed too much unless there are real issues.
Yep, thats how it works, just as I mentioned.
What bugs me about it is, they don't give alpha AND beta access for 20bucks as most other projects do. I really wanted to be part of the creative process, but I don't have that much money at the moment, so I think its a little bit unfair.

Rob

What bugs me about it is, they don't give alpha AND beta access for 20bucks
But they had to make pledge goals, right? They could only have offered alpha access if there were a sufficient other decent rewards that they could have placed at various tiers. Ultimately, if everyone who wanted alpha access and paid £40 only had to pay £20 for that reward, then they would have earned £25,000 less, and thus not reached the target goal. In the end, the reward strategy worked out appropriately.
as most other projects do.
Sure, some projects have enough reward tiers that alpha/beta access is not considered an important reward, so placing can be arbitrary. However, it's not always cheap. Just looking at other projects, consider Elite: Dangerous, where it's £100 for beta, £200 for alpha, and £300 to be in the "design decision forum". Now that's a bit much!!! I don't think that Bare Mettle are being stingy, here.
I don't have that much money at the moment, so I think its a little bit unfair.
I feel for you, but ultimately Bare Mettle are the charity here, not you. Nothing comes free, unfortunately.

Algea

Insider
I can't wait for access to the insider forums and alpha version. Thanks so much everyone for helping reaching the goal. I hope this'll be a great game: innovative, interesting and engrossing.

Bryn

Insider
Hm, yea, well, maybe they'll give the opportunity to enhance the pledge the next few days through paypal or so and I could be lucky I if I get my salary in time. meh.

Kieran

Developer
Hm, yea, well, maybe they'll give the opportunity to enhance the pledge the next few days through paypal or so and I could be lucky I if I get my salary in time. meh.
If you would like alpha access it is possible to donate the difference via PayPal. We will need to manage this on an individual basis (poor Brendan!) so if you could also drop us a line at [email protected] with "Kickstarter pledge upgrade" as the subject, that would makes things a lot easier!

Draegar

Technically an alpha version of the game would be one that provides the complete gameplay experience but lacks polish and still has many placeholder elements. We'll release something as soon as we think it's in a decent playable state even if content wise we still have quite some way to go. I think Tony's estimate is reasonable but hopefully we can get it to you a little sooner and if we can we will.

As for Paypal you don't have to worry about it, we know of every donation received and if you used one of the buttons for a specific amount we know the associated reward. If you entered your own amount we'll send you an email survey which you can use to specify what rewards you want.
Errm... if the paypal account is different than the e-mail used to register here, should we register again? ;)

Kieran

Developer
Errm... if the paypal account is different than the e-mail used to register here, should we register again? ;)
Hi Draegar

I take it you mean regarding insider forum access. We're still working out the details but it'll be something along of lines of emailing you all, and having you reply with a specific subject line that includes your forum name.

Kieran

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.