Alternative movement control scheme?

dennisftw

Right now the movement of your character is relative to the camera which although feels ok to me now but when I first started it was one of the biggest issues I had. Devs should implement an option to have movement controls that are absolute which in my opinion would improve the game significantly as well remove the need to constantly adjust the camera with space as the only reason I do it is to center my character with the controls.

And before the elitist start saying things llike "but muh skillcap!!" it has nothing to do with skills its a quality of life improvement to the game. also having blood splatters to surfaces and and my fists in pugilism would be a nice touch

Parco

movements are relative to the cursor/which direction character is facing, by movements being absolute i guess you meant you want it to be relative to the screen/camera or so w always moves the character north no matter which way the camera is viewing? anyway the problem with that is that it will reduce the amount of directions you can move to 8, but with it being cursor/character relative you have a 360 degree movement.

adjusting the camera with space to get the camera behind the character will result in the worst possible camera angle which makes it hard to get a feel for the distance between you and the enemy, it also locks your cursor in place which is bad since youre very reliant on the cursor in the game. its better to leave the camera stationary and learn to fight from any angle and use middle mouse button to move the camera if something gets in the way of your vision.

Blood splatter decals is planned (if i remember correctly) but since its mostly only cosmetics it is far down on the to-do list

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.