Arena/Alternative game modes?

Octo

Insider
Would you want alternative game modes, and in that case, which types?

The most obvious one is some sort of arena mode where you fight enemies in a "ladder" tournament where the opponent(s) gets progressively tougher and tougher. Eventually you get to meet trolls and creatures like that.
Die by the sword had this and it had great re-playability. It's also quick and fun to jump into when you just wanna fight without anything else interfering.
Since you can customize your characters you could get even more out of it. Maybe you could have a 'stable' of fighters with different qualities, so you could pick the right one for the the right opponent.

Also wondering if you can generate random enemies in terms of proportions etc or are the animations made specifically for each type of character?

I can't see BM attempting to include anything extra like that in the first release but there's no reason why they couldn't do it as DLC later on. Sounds epic. Reminds me of the Cavalier to Champion promotion quest in Might & Magic Vll For Blood and Honour. For turn based combat that was intense!

As for your question on randomised enemy proportions, that's a good one but i think it should be discussed elsewhere to keep this thread about additional game modes.

SergeDavid

Insider
I can picture three easy to handle "mini" games that just require score tracking and a reward to be offered.
Jousting with lance and on foot combat in different categories [sword, bare handed, mace, etc]. Depending on the arena killing is frowned upon or awarded more points.

There could even be archery where you shoot a target along with some other npcs and whoever has the most points at the end wins.

This would be good. M&B had the option to skirmish which was good practice. Also, on a slightly different note, will/should there be an option to fight in an arena in a city like in Oblivion?

Komuflage

Insider
I think that if they would include a arena or something similar, it should be directly connected to the normal game world. So instead of going in the menus and chose "Arena" you'll find the arena in the game world (Much like Oblivion) and you should use your own character.
Also all the loot etc you got, you could keep, but if you die, you loose all the loot you got in the arena, as well as the money you paid to participate.

You would have to pay a entry fee of # of gold. Then the first round would begin, and if you succeed you could loot everything your opponent had. Then you could choose to either: Continue to the next round, or Walk away with your new loot.
This would create that awesome felling of "Ok I got all this nice things, and I can either take it and leave, or I can play just '1' more round, and get even better loot" (Like gambling)

Enemys would also be tougher and have better loot the further you come. So you cant "Farm" round 1-3 for instance.

cosmo bozo

Insider
If they do have an arena it should at least make a bit more sense than the one in oblivion...where competitors were perfectly happy with a 50/50 risk of death in return for a bit of gold...just to entertain other people
If there are fights to the death they should be forced
Non lethal tournaments and melees should definitely be in, along with tavern brawls and other non lethal combat, would be a bit of risk free practice

If there are fights to the death they should be forced
It depends on the culture. I just finished reading the fifth game of thrones where people are perfectly willing to fight to the death in arenas for honour. That being said, the local culture was not very reminiscent of European culture (unlike this game) so it might not apply. Overall, I think it is up to lore and the writers.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.