Armor vs No armor

I wasn't sure where to put this so I am making a thread.
So I'm guessing fighting with little to no armor will be viable, no ? I prefer alot of technique, dodging blows and if receiving any avoiding fatal ones. Having a strong body and other techniques, though avoiding the enemy blows is the goal, also avoiding most of the damage if you get hit or have to get hit.. getting side tracked too much.
Anyway i will write this too. I know there are armors that are strong and can be quite heavy, can also be very flexible and not restrict the fighter much.
Wearing medium and heavy armor is not my syle though, i'd rather count on my body and endurance. Point is, if it is possible to not rely on armor ,but on speed and skill i will go that way. ;D
Cheers.

Scarecrow

Insider
Yeah, im pretty sure that there will be quite a significant difference on various armors in terms of mobility and protection. I too prefer to be more mobile, using technique and speed to dodge and take my foes of guard. A more light armored approach would complement this. Im sure the various styles will be viable as well. I dont think you will go down with just one blow when ur wearing light armor, but it goes without saying that you can take more punishment when wearing heavy armor. Maybe going light armor require more skill from the player as well, as it is crucial that you avoid and parry each blow (which now will be easier cus ur more mobile, yay).

Halvidore

Insider
Depends. Do they have archers?
Archery has been planned to be in the game, using bows and crossbows I believe. I'm not sure about throwing weapons such as axes or spears. One thing I'm looking forward to seeing how they incorporate it in the game.

There will be lots of different heavy and light armour by the sounds of things, all with different mobility and fastness/or slowness depending on the armour you will choose. Plus more or less punishment the character will be able to take.

Fawz

Insider
Well we know that they're bothering to put a whole skill tree just for reducing armor encumbrance, so it must slow you down enough to give a speed/manoeuvring advantage to someone in super light armor. Saving all the points that would normally go into Armor Training and Shield Training, it must allow for a much more extensive offence.

From the looks of the combat it looks like a particularly agile character might be able to never get hit when fighting against a single opponent, though it might require a significant amount of player skill.

There's also stealth, range and thaumaturgy to consider. Considering the game isn't feature complete and far from being in the balance phase I guess it's hard to tell.

Halvidore

Insider
Well we know that they're bothering to put a whole skill tree just for reducing armor encumbrance, so it must slow you down enough to give a speed/manoeuvring advantage to someone in super light armor. Saving all the points that would normally go into Armor Training and Shield Training, it must allow for a much more extensive offence.

From the looks of the combat it looks like a particularly agile character might be able to never get hit when fighting against a single opponent, though it might require a significant amount of player skill.

There's also stealth, range and thaumaturgy to consider. Considering the game isn't feature complete and far from being in the balance phase I guess it's hard to tell.
Thanks for that, I now know some information I didn't before. Must read more, getting a little lapse.

I lot will be shown in future updates that's for sure. I wonder what features they'll be working on next.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.