Boneless Avatar bug

Array

Had a very strange happening - walked to the corner of a corridor on the first level and my avatar seemed to suddenly die for no reason. However having fallen over it began to stretch like it was melting. If this wasn't disturbing enough it then tried to get up again. Imagine if you had no bones and your body got up. The head is a big heavy lump so it would stay on the ground and your neck would stretch, which is exactly what happened.

Fortunately a few seconds later an exception bug flashed up on the screen in a grey box followed by something like error in death and the melted avatar suddenly flew towards the screen and the exit screen came up ending the horror. I may sue for emotional distress.2015-05-20_00001.jpg

RobG

Insider
I really hope this happens to me one day xD did you apply the green salve? is that what happened here?

RobG

Insider
lol yes when my head starts melting ill be sure to get a quick selfie.... Actually just further evidence to support that I am slowly turning into my exanima character and can no longer differentiate between reality and exanimality.

When you see a news headline that a British guy has just axed someone in the face with no apparent reason...

Last edited:

Array

where was this? I want to try and recreate it, (and get it on video)

It was in the corridor on level 1 with the gate in it and the room with body/key opposite. MI walked past the gate on my right all the way to the corner. First I noticed was the weapons fell from my hands and the avatar slumped down. Then it began to morph.

Murf

It was in the corridor on level 1 with the gate in it and the room with body/key opposite. MI walked past the gate on my right all the way to the corner. First I noticed was the weapons fell from my hands and the avatar slumped down. Then it began to morph.
At that time it happened, was the game running for a long time?
Walked using RMB or W?

Array

I don think it had been running that long though it was the furthest I had got in the game to date. I was probably using rmb. Nothing like it has happened before or since. However the subsequent error messages including one about "death error" make me think the morphing may be linked to the unjustified death. As I mentioned the avatar seemed to be still alive even though it dropped weapons and fell over making me think that death removed some feature of its physical structure but because it wasn't technically dead it moved causing it to stretch.

My doctors have advised me to try not to dwell upon it so I may not be able to help further. I'm really hoping they don't catch me typing this in doctor shurns office or they may put me back in restraints. apparently it was 3 days before I stopped mumbling "the horror, the horror!"

Murf

I don think it had been running that long though it was the furthest I had got in the game to date. I was probably using rmb. Nothing like it has happened before or since. However the subsequent error messages including one about "death error" make me think the morphing may be linked to the unjustified death. As I mentioned the avatar seemed to be still alive even though it dropped weapons and fell over making me think that death removed some feature of its physical structure but because it wasn't technically dead it moved causing it to stretch.

My doctors have advised me to try not to dwell upon it so I may not be able to help further. I'm really hoping they don't catch me typing this in doctor shurns office or they may put me back in restraints. apparently it was 3 days before I stopped mumbling "the horror, the horror!"
I See ya had the barrel lid, recall what weapon by chance?

Murf

Shhhhhhhhh.... it's ok. It will all be over soon. Just repeat after me... "Gooooosfabah, Gooooosfabahhhhhhhhh "

Something similar happened to me, but it was more of this weird inflation bug in arena, basically what happened was that the character models just got super stretched and then I quickly went to the main menu. sorry for no screenshots, was too busy hitting escape to go to menu.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.