[Bug] Input error

Homiccus

I've encountered a game-breaking bug yesterday. In my daydreaming I have forgotten to take the screenshot but the error message was along the lines of 'Cursor Input Error' complete with a dialogue box, ' Ok' button which I was unable to press and a locked cursor.
I have tried to reproduce but due to time constraints and unpredictability of combat I have failed to meet the criteria.
How to reproduce / test:
- story mode. Fresh character, low experience, 1st 'map'.
- have primary and secondary weapon sets arranged so that both use completely different weapons. Mine was handsaw + torch and barrel lid + cleaver.
- lose a fight so that both held items are dropped
- when the character regains consciousness and starts to scramble back to their feet, quickly open the inventory and try to drag shield and weapon from 'the backpack' on to the paperdoll.
- whilst the weapon is 'attached' to the cursor, get knocked out again. This should pop the 'Cursor Input Error' up.
- done. The only way I could exit the game was through alt+ctrl+del.

I hope this is enough to go with. I'd like to ask the community to confirm aswell. Many thanks.

EDIT: Confirmed. I have managed to reproduce the bug. And get a screenshot.

Attachments

Last edited:

Homiccus

Excuse the double post.
The bug persists in 0.6.5.4. I can now reproduce it reliably and have narrowed down actions required to reproduce to:
- start dragging any wearable item to your paperdoll,
- get knocked out by an opponent whilst the item is still 'attached' to the cursor.
Et voila. Error processing cursor state deactivation.
If you then try to put the item back into the inventory, the game quits to desktop.

I'm not sure if it's a bug specific to story mode only and if it's specific to my PC only.

Also while I'm in the bughunt mode, the Ladle is misspelled and shows 'Ladel'.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.