Cannibalism

Psychomorph

Insider
In many games you can loot animals for meat and leather, but realistically you could loot anything and anybody.

You could loot humans for meat to eat. Gross, but why not? Or you can sell the meat and skin to those who'd pay you good for this.

Wonder if it will be possible in SG.

Parco

well, i think this would be fun. some potions, spells and rituals might rely on human remains, and what about feeding it to animals, making them bloodthirsty against humans if you play as a evil character. i think this might work but i think alot of other people here might have a problem with that because it might be too gross or because of ethnical problems.

o.o didnt notice, this is my 100 post.

BrecMadak

Insider
Some sort of extreme grotesquery should definitly have a place in SG, even rarely encountered; and ever since we already won't have children, I don't see a reason for cannibalism to be not included, hopefully it will be.

Actually grave robbery could be implemented in an interactive way to work together with cannibalism possibly.
Like while bigoted side wouldn't disturbed to witness grave robbery or when themselves doing it for, say loot's sake. And the other more civilized part could see these acts on the quite barbarously side, even both sides wouldn't see each other most of the time.

I really would like to see a big variation of culture of people that take place in SG.
While some may be quite civilized, then some are likely to be too bestial, and those who are in the middle as well, which is to be seen in real life, eventually.

Cultural differences and philosophy which are quite different to each other and their conflicts over others could be felt and made keep alive. This could be reflected to the player so that player is forced to make pipelined decisions within playstyles being unique each time.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Well, you can't eat. Plus, I think it would take too many resources to animate and make a model for skinless, meatless human bodies.

Pilluminati

Insider
Feels completely unnecessary to me. Not that I'm offended or anything.
It's just a wacky idea which hardly affects anything gameplay wise but comes with the risk of giving the game bad publicity by mainstream media and taking away development time.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Feels completely unnecessary to me. Not that I'm offended or anything.
It's just a wacky idea which hardly affects anything gameplay wise but comes with the risk of giving the game bad publicity by mainstream media and taking away development time.
That' what I've been trying to say.

Looking back at the original post, I'm not sure if this is a plea for cannibalism or a plea for a better looting system. If the looting system was general enough that it would enable cannibalism, that would be awesome. :) To be honest, I think the resources for cannibalized models are the least of our concerns here.

Psychomorph

Insider
Basically I was heading toward the aspect of abilities vs. restrictions. SG tries to become a world based on things that you can do and common sense that can be applied., So why not to treat human bodies just like any other body, be it animal or monster. Strip it off its skin, take its bones and eat its flesh. If that's what you choose to do.

This kind of sparkled the thought of actual Cannibalism and the possibility to meet people who eventually want to eat you. Imagine you go to a tavern with a human arm in your arm. Imagine the reactions.

Pilluminati

Insider
Basically I was heading toward the aspect of abilities vs. restrictions. SG tries to become a world based on things that you can do and common sense that can be applied., So why not to treat human bodies just like any other body, be it animal or monster. Strip it off its skin, take its bones and eat its flesh. If that's what you choose to do.

This kind of sparkled the thought of actual Cannibalism and the possibility to meet people who eventually want to eat you. Imagine you go to a tavern with a human arm in your arm. Imagine the reactions.
Okay, now I see what you mean. That's a pretty cool idea. It just seemed like Cannibalism was the main purpose because of the threads title.

Cooper Holt

Insider

You can't eat in the game.

antihero

I don't really see how the game could benefit from such a feature if it's just for the sense of realism and maturity. I think it would be better to implement features that allow you to severe body parts in a melee counter or something along those lines.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.