Coffee Diary 2/8/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

We've released a new update to the beta branch just before the weekend, we've done a few hotfixes already and we're working through the last couple of issues with the new systems now. We're also actively working on replacing the last bits of legacy UI and finishing a few other things to follow up with small additional update very soon. If you have any issues with the current beta build please help us out by telling us about it, the more detailed information we have the quicker we can solve them.

At this point we're looking at a revamped match system and some changes to NPC equipment to move an overhauled arena with a bunch of new content into the main branch. There's still a few other important updates we want to do to the arena and the game in general in the short term, but with the core systems in place we can finally take this important step.

We've covered a lot of major weapon types with the new procedural weapons now, at this point, especially with a save wipe coming, we're looking at focusing on lower rank weapons, as well as making some adjustments to rank availability and the general pace of arena progression. The lower rank weapons will also have a large impact on the early story content.

As always have a great week and check back for more news soon.
-the BM team

Filos

Hello!
I am really happy seeing how you develop this amazing game, but
I have few problem in this beta build, and I will try to write them down, with as much details as possible

1 - Weapon stuck behind your back.
So, i saw it happenig many times, and it mostly happend while/after:
- Being hit by a Beast in arena mode
- Fighting really close to enemy (nearly touching bodies with him)
- Fighting in closed, tight areas
- Fighting with 2 handed weapons
So, it wouldnt be much problem BUT, weapon stuck most time for more them 10+ seconds. Letting your enemy wreck you down, when you cant attack or defend yourself. Changing weapons is not working either while encountering this glitch.

2 - The Pit arena performance problem.
This map is only one, that slows down a time, so its unplayable. I think its becouse a amout of curves done by the rocks, and generaly big amount of them. While fighting you barely can see outside of pit so i think, deleting/lowering amout of rocks in back of arena, can solve this problem.

And i have 1 idea to add to new UI
If you go to "arsenal", and click lets say "armor" you can see it all meshed up in one place. So to use other cards i think it is good idea to sort armor by the rank. I putted a screenshot to show you what i mean

Sorry for grammar

Attachments

Hello!
I have few problem in this beta build, and I will try to write them down, with as much details as possible

If you go to "arsenal", and click lets say "armor" you can see it all meshed up in one place. So to use other cards i think it is good idea to sort armor by the rank. I putted a screenshot to show you what i mean

Sorry for grammar
I love the idea of having the armor sorted by the minimum ranking to wear it. This would make equipment so much less of a headache to manage, lol.

Billy

Hello!

Sorry for grammar
I think the idea with the current system is that you'll be able to organize it however you like, as everyone will have a different way of doing this. Some people may like the idea of organizing it by rank, but some people may want to organize it by type or by quality, or by which fighter it is for, and coding in automated ways of doing this might only lead to more bugs that would delay the update. I know it seems like a god awful mess at first, but that's because these are saves we've been using for a long time, so it's a lot to organize manually. I think that for someone starting a new save, the current system is the best option because it's the most open-ended and simplistic.

I think the idea with the current system is that you'll be able to organize it however you like, as everyone will have a different way of doing this. Some people may like the idea of organizing it by rank, but some people may want to organize it by type or by quality, or by which fighter it is for, and coding in automated ways of doing this might only lead to more bugs that would delay the update. I know it seems like a god awful mess at first, but that's because these are saves we've been using for a long time, so it's a lot to organize manually. I think that for someone starting a new save, the current system is the best option because it's the most open-ended and simplistic.
You are totally right about one thing: automatic sorting isn't for everyone. That said, there could be automatic sort buttons, that are completely up to you whether you toggle them on or not, and that could always come later, as a separate update.

However, I started a new Arena save on this beta branch, and I gotta tell you my armory is a mess, lol. I should have been more diligent about sorting by rank, but I wasnt and so now I have a huge clusterf*** of gear that I cant hardly make heads or tails of.

I've been seeing an issue with the current UI in the Beta branch in Arena, where sometimes (relatively often) my characters equipped equipment will no longer show as "in use" by another character and I can equip it to another character, and then they will BOTH have it equipped and therefore I can get a lot more use out of one weapon or piece of armor than I should be able to

M.I.M

I've been seeing an issue with the current UI in the Beta branch in Arena, where sometimes (relatively often) my characters equipped equipment will no longer show as "in use" by another character and I can equip it to another character, and then they will BOTH have it equipped and therefore I can get a lot more use out of one weapon or piece of armor than I should be able to
Yeah i saw that glitch too. And i found a big exploit that you can duplicate one item to hundreds of them.
다운로드.jpg
If you may want to know how. This is how it goes.
First, you can duplicate weapon when you keep equipping it to merchant. (It will duplicate into her inventory)
Second, kill merchant in the lobby.
Third, open her inventory and take the duplicates then sell.
(Plus, when you doing this it may accur an error and you cant use that original weapon no more)
Actually this bug fixed once before years ago (as i know) but it came back because of arsenal system.
It will be pain in the ass but i hope dev team will find a way out.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.