Coffee Diary 7/6/21

Zetheros

Developer
Hey Exanimates,

This week we released a significant update on the beta branch that includes the new user interface, some cool new procedural weapons and lots of improvements to that system, the outdoor arenas with the new lighting and weather effects, some combat improvements and a few other things. We also followed it up with a patch with fixes and further improvements.

With the new UI system complete now we can build the new arsenal, loadout and match systems properly, which are the main things needed for the revamped arena mode. There's a few other things we're actively working on, like alternate weapon grips, but there's not much left. We're going to try to add these things incrementally to the beta branch ASAP, and then put it all together with the new arena content we've got lined up. There's some nice new arenas, new armour and of course a bunch more procedural weapons on the way.

If you haven't opted into the beta branch yet, we'd recommend doing it now as the game is in a more complete state with even more to come. The remaining additions will hopefully happen quite quickly now, so stay tuned for more news.

Have a great week!
-the BM team

Clanf

new ui, new procedural items, yet inventory is still unusable pile of gear, especially by the time you reach master rank, will it ever be changed? sorting gear by ranks or slots they take? equip doll? categories? anything?

edit: i mean, you don't even need to reinvent a wheel, it's been over three decades of inventory system evolution in video games, literally anything is better than current "pile of everything in one window" just pick one
take even simple list system like in CDDA - separated by body parts, position indicate layer, you can instantly tell what you have equipped and where, without sorting through pile of clothing or undressing your character to make sure that fancy shirt is still on

Last edited:
new ui, new procedural items, yet inventory is still unusable pile of gear, especially by the time you reach master rank, will it ever be changed? sorting gear by ranks or slots they take? equip doll? categories? anything?

edit: i mean, you don't even need to reinvent a wheel, it's been over three decades of inventory system evolution in video games, literally anything is better than current "pile of everything in one window" just pick one
take even simple list system like in CDDA - separated by body parts, position indicate layer, you can instantly tell what you have equipped and where, without sorting through pile of clothing or undressing your character to make sure that fancy shirt is still on
Definitely agree, the current inventory system is bordering on un-usable for master fighters. having slots would allow you to easily tell what is equipped, or what is replacing what. Better Ui in general is desperately needed for arena. I need a way to see my equipment when I'm buying things. "did I already have an outer layer for my third fighter?" so instead of having to make the 10 second menu trek to check, I can check somewhere in the store.

Another thing I'm hoping for is more strategy behind picking matches. Right now its just random fighters thrown into whatever category of fight you pick. What if you could see what equipment they were bringing, thus creating counter play. Bring a hammer for heavily armored foes, or a shield and sword for long pole arms.

Getting maybe too ambitious, but the characters in this game feel so dam real, and it would be amazing if there was some kind of reputation system, so all the fighters were real and procedural, sticking around between fights and ranking up along with your fighters, as well as dying. There could even be a situation where blunt weapon fighters are seen in a better light as they are less likely to kill their opponents because of their choice of weapon.

I love this game, and somehow I might even enjoy arena more, really hope they see the mode to it's conclusion, or dare I hope implement it into the RPG, making it a optional fighting arena the player can progress in.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.