Computer reboots on Exanima launch

Potres

Supporter
Hi,

I have a very strange problem. My computer gets rebooted each time I try to launch the game. It's as quick as if you press the reset button on the case. I've been experiencing this with every version I've tried since the new arena mode was added. I believe the last version I was able to play was 0.6.0.3.
I've done numerous clean installs of the game; GPU driver updates; tried different configs of my RAM sticks; even got more powerful power supply - still no change.
After the reboot in Event Viewer there is only this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Critical 13.2.2016 г. 17:58:04 Kernel-Power 41 (63)
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
In %appdata%\Exanima only Exanima.ini and Exanima.log get created, but they're both empty. Actually, Exanima.log has a line filled with spaces.

My configuration:
MB: Asus P5B-Plus
CPU: Core 2 Duo E7500
Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 6 GB
Windows 8.1 Pro
(Old, but still gets it done;))

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Murf

Reboots on launching applications/games can usually be attributed to one either a power supply issue of gfx card/driver issue. Hard to say, sounds like a BSOD though.

Right click computer icon on your desktop, go to properties, then go to advanced settings, then the Settings button under startup and recovery, uncheck Automatically restart.(under System Failure) Then when you launch Exanima again you should get a BSOD. Get all the info on that screen regarding error and addresses and such and we can narrow down the cause.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.