CPU problems

The Witcher

Supporter
i havent managed to play the story because of pc using a lot of cpu and when it does that it only happens in the normal game not arena everything is starting to go in slow motion and then in faster speeds i know that has to do with my cpu but can you to make the game use less cpu power ? please

Murf

A lot of times that is caused by the video card drivers not being up to date. Also could be the opengl drivers.

and yes, your system specs would help to narrow down your issue as well.

Solinarius

Specs would really help. Laptop or desktop?

Some things you can do to give your CPU more time:
- Search %appdata%, open Exanima folder, open Exanima.ini, lower the FPSLimit to something like 30-35 whenever you play Campaign; this will reduce the slowdown the most
- Tweak the graphics settings, then resolution as necessary
- Do not leave the paperdoll open during Campaign play
- Sprinting takes a considerable toll on performance for some reason, so don't use it until you've done the next item
- Keep the undead population low (I have to kill about 5 undead in the beginning before the game levels off)
- If all else fails, then you could try playing in window mode at lower res than 720p and lower Windows Desktop color to 16-bit (right-click desktop->Screen Resolution->Advanced settings->Monitor)

Last edited:

The Witcher

Supporter
RAM:6 GB
Processor:AMD A6-3410MX APU with radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.60 GHz
cant find the others
Edit:i looked inside the folder but i didnt find where to set the fps limit

Last edited:

Solinarius

RAM:6 GB
Processor:AMD A6-3410MX APU with radeon(tm) HD graphics 1.60 GHz
cant find the others
Edit:i looked inside the folder but i didnt find where to set the fps limit
Add this line: FPSLimit = 30

Also go to Catalyst Control Center (right-click desktop) and click Performance. In that section should be CPU power. Is yours set to maximum? I don't recommend maximum when playing games if you don't have a third-party cooling source, but that's just me.

Next click the Power section. Under Power Profiles, "Active Power Plan" should read "High Performance".

I think you're going to have to settle with bare minimum for most settings with that rig, when playing in the campaign. Even then, you may need to personally manage the maps by killing a large portion of the undead.

Solinarius

"The AMD Catalyst Control Center is a component in the AMD Catalyst software engine. This application provides video customization options to adjust display settings, display profiles and video performance."

As you are using an AMD/ATI laptop, it is the software that comes with your video drivers.

Solinarius

Considering that laptop is no more than 4 years old, I doubt that. That PC would come pre-installed with Windows 7 AND the Catalyst software, maybe Windows 8 . You trying to troll me?

Murf

never seen that i havent update my drivers 7 years now xD i got a potato pc
Then that needs to eb the first thing you do. my work pc is a potatoe as well with an even worse onboard gfx card, it does run it, with everything on low. but it runs

The Witcher

Supporter
tried it out updated drivers and putted fps cap to 30 seemed to work nicely (didnt test it that much)no speed changing but the game crashed after 10 munites i reloged many times but it kept cerashing after some munites it probably has something to do with the new update

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.