Details of Physics Engine

Fallenhein

I'll also be quite interested to know exactly what's going on, as and when you're ready to share.

I'm guessing the "violent shaking" is done by avoiding the use of potentially unstable optimisation methods, and avoiding the use of random sampling or simulated annealing to escape local minima.

I'm also guessing that objects have got a way of knowing when they're stuck. And, if they're stuck, they've then got an alternative (cheating) way of getting unstuck, rather than just causing the objects to be stuck or shake violently, etc.

The thing that really made me think this is what's going on is around 0:46-0:48 in the Halberd Combat Test video, when the halberd just magically passed straight through the NPC. I figured that the engine had realised that the halberd had got stuck, and thus had decided to just let the halberd smoothly escape the situation, rather than doing something more irritating. Is that pretty much right @Madoc? Or is there something else going on?
I wonder if with this features the NPCs will have weird reactions when they get stuck in places or if their weapons can get stuck into another in world object. Also after would it be possible while fighting to hit the enemy's weapon and detach it from the enemy in the middle of combat and like trow it away? Like in Baldur's gate where swords broke after a while or this other game i cant remember where a hit strong enough you could actually detach the weapon from the NPC .

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.