Die by the sword

antihero

From what Madoc wrote on page 1, it looks like combat is going to be heavily based on the weapon's weight/swing speed, armor type (light or heavy) and body movement. That kind of reminded of a scene from Game of Thrones where Bronn beats a much better armored opponent by intelligent dodging and parrying instead of strength.

Parco

Or we can just nicely ask the OP the rename this thread ^^
Since there already is numerous threads about combat, it seems unnecessary to create more, and we already have a bit of discussion going on here. :)

Does BM have anything to say regarding the subject?
Would love to hear your opinions/thoughts (As with any thread really ;P)
im probably a little late to reply to this, but i have no idea how to rename a thread, doesnt seem like its even possible.

I'd like to just remind everyone that Chivalry pulled off some beautiful directional-based combat without ever having direct mouse control. While the combat is built on the physics engine, I'm not sure that the goal was to make the combat centered around that same engine. I feel that a locked isometric view doesn't lend itself to such gameplay because you're never looking along an axis relative to the character's body or even relative to the world.
Chivalry's combat system, where your swing direction is determined by what directional keys you're pressing as well as other factors such as momentum, would be much better suited to the game in its current state.

Or at least that's what I think.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.