Different layer of armour

konggary

We're not peasants, now are we? and also just look at the colours already avaliable... tell me those dyes didn't cost much.
Dirty tavern brawls and underground fight clubs aren't exactly the events for lords and ladies. Yeah the dye aspect isn't implemented yet, but it seems like a nice little touch they should add. I mean, there's the velvet shirt that sells for high prices just because it's velvet.

Dirty tavern brawls and underground fight clubs aren't exactly the events for lords and ladies. Yeah the dye aspect isn't implemented yet, but it seems like a nice little touch they should add. I mean, there's the velvet shirt that sells for high prices just because it's velvet.
How about that offical looking arena with the viewing booth n stuff?

Tyon

Do like in movies, throw your own helmet on the ground and charge with extra fury. Only fair.

The thing I like about this randomness is that, sometimes, they really look unique. I've only seen once or twice an Expert without helmet and I kind of liked it. He had personnality ^^
I like that the A.I don't cheat and have to manage equipment point as we do. When you see someone with a great weapon, or a shield, you can count on the fact that he most likely has a weak armored part.
Sure it makes less sense to buy bracers than a helmet, any sort of hit to the head is of course devastating.
But again you could imagine that the dude forgot his helmet, is really proud of his face, don't like the sight loss, or is plain reckless :p
That's a fair point. I don't think every single expert fighter should have a helmet, but the rate at which helmet-less experts are generated (for me atleast) it's a bit too high. It's only a small gripe of mine really.

I would like to be able to dye my clothes so I can actually match and pummel my opponents in style. On the topic of clothes, I would love surcoats that could be worn over armor.

NachoDawg

I bet a full plate armor set that there's someone in this forum that knows a lot more than I do, but I'm very sure that common dyes were common, normal and expected.

Particular ones (that are either imported or whose production process is complicated) would be expensive and hard to get by, but don't come here and say the medieval Europeans was gray and bland, at least not in the cities

Last edited:
I bet a full plate armor set that there's someone in this forum that knows a lot more than I do, but I'm very sure that common dyes were common, normal and expected.

Particular ones (that are either imported or whose production process is complicated) would be expensive and hard to get by, but don't come here and say the medieval Europeans was gray and bland, at least not in the cities
But Exanima and Sui generis doesn't take place in medieval Europe. What if dyes were easy to get in this universe, as easy as it is to get a shirt coloured like so. That is, unless dyes work like stickers in CS:GO where using them just destroys their value.

Last edited:

NachoDawg

But Exanima and Sui generis doesn't take place in medieval Europe. What if dyes were easy to get, as easy as it is to get a shirt coloured so. That is, unless dyes work like stickers in CS:GO where using them just destroys their value.
I think you need to rewrite that

NachoDawg

So you're saying the market might keep an artificial low supply of dyes to keep the price up? :p

interesting, but lets not assume things without some hint at truth. I called on Medieval Europeans because lots of gear are copied from that area and time period

Someone once pointed out that the velvet shirts are also very "unrealistic" for European medievalers because there actually weren't any supply of velvet in Europe - That might be an oversight or it means we aren't dealing with ME standards. Hard to tell just yet

Interesting, but lets not assume things without some hint at truth. I called on Medieval Europeans because lots of gear are copied from that area and time period
When I said it doesn't take place in medieval Europe, I meant as in, although the land and way everything is, is taken from medieval Europe, We don't have to follow that exactly. The land(s?) of Sui Generis could have dyes, and probably has dyes, in much larger quantities than in Medieval Europe.

tiny lampe

Insider
WAIT. I GOT IT.
I SO FUCKING GOT IT.

A RECOLOURING STATION IN THE ARENA MAIN HUB AREA.
Pay a small sum of money to recolour your items.
(more to come and maybe it's own thread later with more elaborate details)
Dyes and lacquers will be implemented in the future so that you can change the color of your items.

CalenLoki

The land(s?) of Sui Generis could have dyes, and probably has dyes, in much larger quantities than in Medieval Europe.
Don't forget that if dyes are too cheap here, fact that you have shiny red tabard don't set you higher than average peasant. Feeling filthy rich (here-in colours) is not about having a lot, but about having more than most other people.
Thus IMO yes, all washed colours should be cheap and accessible - i.e. pink, light grayish blue, ect. But anything very strong should be expensive as hell - i.e. Realism sometimes works better than fantasy in games.

Tyon

Well, velvet shirts cost a lot more than cloth shirts in-game, so I think it's logical to go with the theme and make purple dye more expensive than something cheap like pink or light blue.

Well, velvet shirts cost a lot more than cloth shirts in-game, so I think it's logical to go with the theme and make purple dye more expensive than something cheap like pink or light blue.
Velvet being harder to make =/= dye being hard to make

CalenLoki

Actually, some dyes are much harder to make. Everyone can boil his shirt with oak bark, berries or leafs. But keeping male urine fermenting for several weeks, then mixing in some other ingredients to protect the colour from washing is not so simple any more.
Also linen (the cheaper material) holds colours quite badly. No matter which (natural) dye you use, after washing and a bit of sun it will bleach. Velvet or wool on the other hand keep colour well and long. It also apply to dyed leather, which turns brown when you preserve it with fat.

Lastly all natural dyes vanish over time and use, so fresh colours indicate that something is new, unused. Definatelly not second-hand.

So: strong colour = expensive.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.