Effects on the character

Oona

Insider
It's a dangerous world... Will there be scars on the character's body after healing from wounds? Will clothes rip when slashed? After a swim, will the clothes be soaked and dry in the sun? Will the boots be coated in soil after running outdoors?

Basically, in what ways will the world effect the character? :)

I remember there being a bit of a discussion on scars and similar things but I'm having a difficult time finding it again.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I can't remember seeing anything on scars and that, I don't think we'd see it that well? But there I going to be dints in the armour and rips in the clothes

oncrack1

Insider
The only problem I can image coming up these cosmetic affects especially permanent scars, is the vain out there won’t want scars to permanently deface there character. I remember playing fable 2 every time you got knocked out a.k.a killed, you would have a scar placed on your body, it was cool to start with, having negative effects for my incompetence but after a while it just began to grate on me. Bruising, scratches and the visible destruction of armour and clothing could be cool however as you could repair these using healing or a smith.

Perhaps I’m being too vain, but when my character is king of the world, I don’t want his face to be too scarred up for the adoring public…

Rob

I think that scars etc. should be persistent. However, what about upon "reincarnation", or whatever BM are calling it? Perhaps scars, ripped clothes, etc. will disappear when you're re-spawned after dying? That sounds pretty good to me...

As long as they don't go for the ME2 thing where you get more scarred the more evil you are. That was stupid.

oncrack1

Insider
“Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.” ©
Point taken... however, if scars were implemented and looking at the combat of the game so far, after every bit of fighting your face is going to look like mince meat... chicks don't dig mince meat.... do they?

Algea

Insider
Point taken... however, if scars were implemented and looking at the combat of the game so far, after every bit of fighting your face is going to look like mince meat... chicks don't dig mince meat.... do they?
Some might.:eek:

As long as they don't go for the ME2 thing where you get more scarred the more evil you are. That was stupid.
So f-ing true.:D

Reactions: Rob

oncrack1

Insider
Also.... what about burns, infection, amputation etc.

This is why we have to draw the line somewhere I guess, although realistic I think that sort of stuff is a bit too gory.

Algea

Insider

This is why we have to draw the line somewhere I guess, although realistic I think that sort of stuff is a bit too gory.
Agreed. All will be revealed in time I'm sure. We're just going to lurk here and speculate a bit in the meantime.:)

Reactions: Rob

Rob

It's all to do with the elegance of the implementation...

Anyway, amputation/dismemberment etc. has been quite heavily discussed here, if you're interested to hear what others have said already:
http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/wounds-limbs-and-gore.76/

I don't think there's much more that can be said on the topic apart from speculation... we'll just have to wait for BM to start giving us some more food for thought!!!

It's a dangerous world... Will there be scars on the character's body after healing from wounds? Will clothes rip when slashed? After a swim, will the clothes be soaked and dry in the sun? Will the boots be coated in soil after running outdoors?

Basically, in what ways will the world effect the character? :)
I wonder what well happen if the character steps in leva ? <sorry my spelling a little off > I meant would it burned up the legs of the characters or just, like well they do have some site which you allowed to actually dived under the leva and NOT get burned alive... Or you can just simply walk on it,like another ds game which I played ..?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.