Estimated begin of alpha and beta versions

Judarak

Insider
Hi Bare Mettle, first off I'm quite excited about this game, it looks and feels fresh and unique! And from what i read about your visions I feel even more enthusiastic.

I'm strongly thinking about getting the 40 pound pledge which gets you access to alpha and beta versions.
Now i know it's probably to early to tell, but could you perhaps give a very rough estimate of when alphas or betas will be available to (40 pound) backers?

Thanks in advance and i really hope this game gets backed and fully realized :)

Humblerbee

Insider
Hi Bare Mettle, first off I'm quite excited about this game, it looks and feels fresh and unique! And from what i read about your visions I feel even more enthusiastic.

I'm strongly thinking about getting the 40 pound pledge which gets you access to alpha and beta versions.
Now i know it's probably to early to tell, but could you perhaps give a very rough estimate of when alphas or betas will be available to (40 pound) backers?

Thanks in advance and i really hope this game gets backed and fully realized :)
They don't have a schedule for development, but I'd say it's likely going to be at the earliest late 2013/early 2014 when they go Alpha. They've got the core engine and a working prototype, but even with games designed on pre-existing engines, it takes 1-2 years minimum to create all the content in terms of plot, characters, world, mechanics, animation, soundtrack, models, and polish needed to have a working game. They've got a foundation laid out, but the house still needs to be built.

Please, make that pledge, they need your help to make this game happen. You're enthusiastic from just seeing the very bare, rough base of what they are building, imagine how beautiful the finished product will be. Help them realize that dream!

Kieran

Developer
Hi Judarak,

Thanks for your interest and potential support. Right now we can only guarantee you will get access to alpha as soon as the game is in a playable state. I wish I could give you a more precise answer but the fact is we simply don't yet know when that will be.

Kieran

BrecMadak

Insider
Giving "even" a rough estimated time will never be a good thing, it always got delayed, doesn't matter how hard devs would work on it. And most importantly considering devs won't live any tech problems on development, the most time consuming thing will be "balancing" since it is a continuous issue that should be worked & well thought as a whole per every update. I'm saying these since i'm an alpha tester in Path of Exile.

* Edit: I've searched a bit but couldn't figure out, how we suppose to use "spoiler" tag ? Thanks.

dktne

I've seen devs prepare games faster than expected before too, but that happened far more frequently in the past than it does now.

Any sort of support will surely encourage and empower the devs to deliver faster. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.