Exanima 0.4.2 Beta Released

Madoc

Project Lead
Exanima 0.4.2 is now available for download. This version includes a number of very important fixes and improvements so you'll definitely want to upgrade.

Changes in version 0.4.2:

• You can no longer see through closed doors (as always inteded)

• Added an option for hold or double tap dash controls

• Fixed various issues caused when characters ended up too close to walls

• Fixed items occasionally disappearing when dropped quickly from inventory

• Fixed some issues with collision response

• Fixed some sounds not playing after a few new games

• Fixed torch sometimes having a slow swing speed when first equipped

• Fixed player character's head sometimes tracking things that aren't there

• Fixed the top of some doors not being interactive

• Made opening shut doors even more responsive

• Fixed torch not casting a shadow of itself

• Fixed cursor position errors when dragging bodies

• Right click on paperdoll now closes inventory (dragging still rotates)

• Various fixes and tweaks

Murf

• Various fixes and tweaks

Umm YEAH! I'd say so, it looks freaking awesome!!

Edit: never mind, optical illusion I guess. Still does look awesome though :)
I thought the zoom has changed, turns out, without seeing the adjacent rooms, it just looks like the zoom has changed.

Last edited:
Nice, not seeing through the doors really adds some more atmosphere, a sense of a real space, instead of having a view where everything is so see through and open when you are exploring.

Mikodzi

Insider
Is this a proper behaviour?
when I just open the door for a little bit - it's enough for engine to light entire room.
So, kinda still like a door hack to me, but now you have to put some effort.

Murf

From what I have seen, once I open a door, if the auto light is in there, it will then come on and light up the room.

Conan

Insider
What I don't like about the door change is that before it felt more realistic. If a door has a small window, like many do then I could stand close to it and peek through.
I would like this change, if I stand close to a door with a hole then I should be able to peek into a room. Possibly with restrictions like reduced depth but if that is too complicated just like it was before.
For doors without a window it's fine the way it is now.

I am also not really sure about the shadow change of the torch. Sure, it looks much better than before but shouldn't the shadow be more diffuse? Might be difficult (or slow) to implement properly but this is what I would expect.

Still, thanks for the great work and changes :)

Don Kanaille

Insider
What I don't like about the door change is that before it felt more realistic. If a door has a small window, like many do then I could stand close to it and peek through.
I would like this change, if I stand close to a door with a hole then I should be able to peek into a room. Possibly with restrictions like reduced depth but if that is too complicated just like it was before.
For doors without a window it's fine the way it is now.
Similarly, I always imagined this "feature" as peeping through the keyhole. It will be missed.

Last edited:

Murf

Yeah we got spoiled to be able to see into adjacent rooms. It is hard to adjust too, no more planning and setting things up because I see things behind the door. But gotta adjust. Makes it tougher. I approve :)

Oh the torch now has a shadow ! Seriously that has been bothering me for so long. I mean not like real badly but it was a bit annoying. Also fixed collisions when standing too close to a wall. That got me last night so good to hear. Now I scared that I won't be able to see in the next room over when doors are closed. It makes sense and I had a feeling that was coming eventually. But what about the door with peep holes. Can't we see on the other side just a little on those ones? Pretty please. I had a feeling we'd get an update today. Thank you Bare Mettle.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.